• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Launch Monitor or Me?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Didn't look, hahaha.

I was actually trying not to pay attention to the monitor and just pay attention to ballflight and how the shaft felt in my hands at the time.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I am right at about the same SS, I get 285 carry but I also get at least 15 yards of roll and sometimes 50 yards if it is dry and I dont hit it too high. My ball speed is 170+.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oye, typo, my bad. 290 carry with about 5-10 roll, but that was with my higher driver.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
The sweet spot is in the middle of the clubface. That's where the trampoline is. If you hit it above the sweet spot, you may be getting a better launch angle, but you are still missing your maximum "smash factor".

The higher sweet spot is a farce as per Tom Wishon.

Just FYI.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
The sweet spot is in the middle of the clubface. That's where the trampoline is. If you hit it above the sweet spot, you may be getting a better launch angle, but you are still missing your maximum "smash factor".

The higher sweet spot is a farce as per Tom Wishon.

Just FYI.

It makes sense, when I was at golfsmith I think they would have told me anything to get my launch angle up a bit higher. I hit the ball farther with 11 - 12* on the range and course as compared to one of there 14*+ shots.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.