• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lead Tape

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I am debating on experimenting with lead tape on my 3wood. Questions I have are will it come back off easily enough? Where should I put it? My big problems with the 3wood, this one and every other I've tried, are skying it off the tee and wormburners off the fairway. I have the weight system in my R7, if this is any indication, set for a high launch. I still hit very low trajectory drives. I get better loft with my higher irons. The 3wood is a TM200 Steel with a steel stiff shaft.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
yeah, you can get it back off. I'd put it back and low if i were you. I just cut down, regripped, and added lead tape to a Snake Eyes 600T 3 wood, it's in the bag next time i play. Actually, i really cheaped out on it too, and used lead tape i had already taken off my Steelhead Plus after i realized i put too much on. That's right, i reused lead tape

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
So put it on the sole of the club? How are you cutting down the shafts? From the grip end right? I may take a little off the 3w too. My goal is to have a club I can hit rather than the 5w. I can smoke that 5w though. As you've seen firsthand, my driver inconsistancy really hurts on bad days.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Yeah, just ripoff the grip, cut the shaft, and regrip. I only did it to cut it down to normal 3 wood length, as it was an inch or two overlength

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I may do it. I liked the way your driver felt with the shorter shaft, much more controllable. I'll try gripping down first before I break out the sawsall. :) I need more $$. There are like $600 worth of clubs I want on Ebay right now.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I've got a couple of strips of lead tape on the back of my Hogan 5iron & 8iron, in order to get the swingweight to D2, along with the rest of my clubs, excluding the SW & LW. All of the irons are Hogan CFTs, but the 5 & 8 measured (and felt) way light at D0. Ben Hogan would be disappointed at the quality control of these clubs.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lead tape will do nothing for the problems you describe,you need a lesson and some practice time

🔥 Latest posts