• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lee Westwood Claims 25th Win on European Tour, Proves 'That I've Still Got It'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

LEE WESTWOOD, 45, WON IN ABU DHABI on Sunday. That's 25 wins on the European Tour and 44 victories worldwide for the Englishman.

As Golfworld's John Huggan wrote, Westwood's resurgence began about 18 months ago. His focus changed around the same time his girlfriend Helen took over bag duties.

"I think it helps having all the responsibility and not listening to another opinion," Westwood said as quoted by Golfworld. "I've been out here 26 years. I ought to know how far it is, what club to hit, how to judge the wind and where not to miss greens. I feel like there is a lot more clarity to my head when I'm stood over the ball. There's only one opinion and it's mine. Even if I am wrong it is better to go with what I think rather than have a doubt in my mind."

Now the aging Westwood dreams of another Ryder Cup. As a player.

"I've been on losing Ryder Cup teams, and I've been on seven winning ones," he said.

"It's a big honor to represent Europe in the Ryder Cup. And I would love to play another as long as I'm good enough. I wouldn't want a pick, but if I qualified I would definitely play.

"So I'll be trying my hardest. But you can't control qualifying for a Ryder Cup team. I'll just be trying to do the small things right and it will lead on to the big things, like qualifying for the side. For now, it's just nice to come out and keep proving that I've still got it."

Source: Lee Westwood Claims 25th Win on European Tour, Proves 'That I've Still Got It'

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online