• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lee Westwood Misses Cut at Honda Classic, Has Earned a Rest After Battling the Twenty...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

AFTER CONSECUTIVE RUNNER-UP FINISHES at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and The Players Championship, 47-year-old Lee Westwood ran out of gas at The Honda Classic at PGA National.

The Englishman missed the cut after rounds of 70 and 78. Now for some much-needed rest.

Jeff Babineau reported at PGATOUR.com:
Westwood did the right thing by playing the Honda, even if he knew he was stretching himself by playing a fourth consecutive week. The tournament has been good to him in the past, and the Englishman has established his U.S. base close by in South Florida. ("It's just not right to withdraw at such a late date," he said.) On Thursday, he birdied his last two holes to shoot a solid 70. He was in a good spot. Friday, he just didn't have it. A lone birdie on his 17th hole of the day (the eighth) wasn't nearly enough to offset three double bogeys on a tough track.

Did he simply run out of gas? "Yeah," Westwood said wryly, "about four days ago."​

Westwood added, "My body was telling me last Sunday. I didn't swing it as well Sunday last week. I was starting to get tired. Three weeks in a row with not really a day off. So yeah, I am 48 in a month, and I can't keep doing it like the 20-year-olds do it."

Aaron Wise currently leads the Honda. The second round is still in progress.​

Source: Lee Westwood Misses Cut at Honda Classic, Has Earned a Rest After Battling the Twenty Somethings

🔥 Latest posts