• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lee Westwood's Substitute Caddie Passes Test

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

The best of @TommyFleetwood1's final round in 2 minutes.#ADGolfChamps pic.twitter.com/A5rjLNhTyx

— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) January 22, 2017

LEE WESTWOOD WAS WITHOUT A CADDIE. Veteran bag man Billy Foster was not able to work for Westwood at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship because his father died.

Enter Helen Storey. She is a personal trainer. She is also Westwood's girlfriend. Storey grabbed the bag and away they went for four rounds at Abu Dhabi Golf Club, which measures nearly 7,600 yards.

''I wouldn't want to carry the golf bag around six miles in this kind of heat. Every credit for doing it,'' Westwood said in an AP story.

"It was good fun," Storey said. She had been interested in trying the job for a while. She kept up. She made sure Lee stayed hydrated. And he benefited in other ways, too.

"It was good for me," Westwood said, "doing the yardage, reading the greens, and taking a bit more responsibility. You sometimes lose touch with your game when you haven't got that responsibility."

With rounds of 68, 68, 69 and 69 (13 under), Westwood finished in a tie for eighth in the European Tour event.

Tommy Fleetwood of England was the winner at 17 under. Dustin Johnson and Pablo Larrazabal finished in a tie for second.

First-Time Winner in La Quinta

On the PGA Tour, Hudson Swafford birdied three of his last three holes to grab his maiden tour victory at the CareerBuilder Challenge.

Phil Mickelson is back after his surgeries. Mickelson went the distance and finished 11 under. It's a good start after his physical concerns.

Source: Lee Westwood's Substitute Caddie Passes Test

Members online

No members online now.