• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

left my club on the course :( what now?

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
im an idiot and i left my wedge on the golf course today. :( it was a cleveland 588 60* wedge. i don't feel ill right now because i bought it a year ago on ebay for like 35-40 bucks. i still feel so stupid for leaving it. i called the proshop and they said no one turned anything in which doesn't suprise me one bit.
so now i need advice on what to get to replace it. my current wedge situation is pitching wedge 47* and gap wedge 52*. before i lost my 60*, i wanted to get a 56*. now my predicament is whether to go ahead and get a 56* along with a replacement 60* or to find a middle road and get a 58*? i loved using my 60* for those close flop shots but it did get me in trouble sometimes. im thinking with a 58*, i could still hit that flop shot and also use it as a sand wedge for bunker shots and what not? im a poor college stupid so i can't really go and buy a new titleist spin milled vokey so i will probably be scouring ebay for some used clevelands? my 52* is a cleveland cg10 that i got for around 40-45 on ebay. ive always heard cleveland made good wedges so ive stuck to them.
basically i need suggestions as to whether i should go the 52, 56, 60 route or 52, 58. it would boil down to spending more on a nicer 58* or getting decent 56 and 60.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Give it a little time and you will likely get the club back. I have found clubs on the course before and threw them in my bag only to find them in my bag the next time out and return them. I wouldn't write it off quite yet.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Id go with a nice CG10 58* its a versatile wedge so you could do quite a bit with it, should be killer from inside 70 yards too.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
thats rough man. The 52 is a bit strong but I would try to go with something along the lines of 56/60 combo. If the 52 was a 54 like mine (47* PW) then you could go 58*.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
left my club on the course :( what now?

You take your purse and go shopping to buy a skirt like all the other women who do this.

Just razzing you.

You ho a new one. Simple.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Since you have a 52-deg CG10, get a 56-deg CG10 and learn to flop it. If you can get out of the sand with a lower bounce wedge, then I would get the low-bounce version of the 56-deg CG10 (with one dot), which still has 12-deg bounce.

That club should work for you in all but the very tightest of lies, and still has enough bounce to be an effective sand wedge.

swartzd

Nov 29, 2006
Burrows MAC Tour Bounce wedges (56 and 60) brand new at Rockbottom $19.95---great wedges for a steal because company went belly up. TT Dyn.gld shafts, half cord grips. Check 'em out.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Burrows MAC Tour Bounce wedges (56 and 60) brand new at Rockbottom $19.95---great wedges for a steal because company went belly up. TT Dyn.gld shafts, half cord grips. Check 'em out.

I have a set of those. They are surprisingly nice wedges.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You take your purse and go shopping to buy a skirt like all the other women who do this.
Yeah, I managed to do this one time with my 6i, but it was certainly in a manly fashion. I notice about 5 holes later. I went back and it was still right were I left it. Every one else was likely to terrified to touch such a manly club. .... 30 yards off the fairway, between the two trees where my ball was at the time. It is highly unlikely I ever would have lost the club, as if it took me a year to remember I probably could have gone back and found the rusted out carcus of a 6i as no one has likely been that far off the beaten trail on that hole before or again. :D

To me it only proved that if I am going to hit it 30 yards off the fairway, I may as well put it between a couple trees to mark my spot and remember it by.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

I have a set of those. They are surprisingly nice wedges.

Third vote for the Burrows MAC Tour Bounce. I have a set of them as well. They were in the bag until I found salvation in the Srixon WG 504's. I believe GS still has some heads left in 56* and 60* for like $5 or $6 a head. I got them at $9.99 a head (52*, 56*, and 60*) when Burrows first went out of business. GS ran out of the 52* heads fast, but still had the other two last time I checked.

🔥 Latest posts