• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lefty Pros?

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Seriously? What's up with that?

Slapshots, I guess. The majority of hockey players shoot left and the mechanics are similar in that you are swinging from the side at something on the ground / ice.

Being a lefty myself, I was shocked when I went into a Golftown in Montreal. As much, if not more lefty stuff than righty. It was outstanding! The only problem is some companies don't make lefty clubs.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
As well, B.J. Staten, Russ Cochran and (I think) Nathan Green are lefties. Ernie Gonzalez won the Pensacola Open in the 80s and was a lefty too.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
If you want lefty clubs go to the province of Quebec or find a company (i.e Golftown in Montreal) there. Over 60% of the players in La Belle Province play lefty.

Actually its about 35%. Nationally about 34% of Canucks golf lefty, in the US its only 7%. Yes, its because of hockey. Nearly 70% of all hockey players use a left handed stick.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
That's what was weird for me, being the singled out person, always looking for the high end sticks, with a decent curve in righty, in hockey. But with golf, almost everyone's right. But then you have oddballs like Bobby Orr who golf right and play hockey left.

Par7

Elite Hack
Jul 25, 2008
That's what was weird for me, being the singled out person, always looking for the high end sticks, with a decent curve in righty, in hockey. But with golf, almost everyone's right. But then you have oddballs like Bobby Orr who golf right and play hockey left.

I've played high-level hockey since I was 10, and I've been playing hockey period since the age of 4 and have never run into troubles finding a good RH hockey stick. There are just as many RH as LH sticks I think, just theres 80% more RH golf clubs.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States

...and me. I don't know why I play hockey lefty but golf right handed. Too bad I'm not great at either so I guess it doesn't really matter.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I don't know if there is something in the saskatchewan water, but my girlfriend, 2 sisters, dad, and 3 uncles are all lefties. Brother's girlfriend too, he just tried buying her a driver, ended up getting a men's with a lady's shaft.

How many played hockey before they took up golf? The righty shooting lefty in hockey thing tends to carry over to golf for some reason.

🔥 Latest posts