• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Legends at Bergamont --Wisconsin

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Last Sunday I played this spectacular 18 hole tract with my son-in-law and his buddy. No score as we sorta played a "skins" for fun. Forgot to bring camera. My bad--Next time for sure.

Course perhaps 5 years old. Andy North designed.

The staff was very helpful. Tee time was at 2:20 but we were 30 minutes late. Still we were given the option to warm up or tee it up right away. Its about 9 miles south of Madison in rural area so probably rural location is why it was not packed on a 4th of July weekend.

The tips are 7300+ yards and would have overwhelmed my son-in -law's game. So we played blues at 6700 yards. Still a challenge for me.

Overall Think Whistling Straits without Lake Michigan. Large undulating hard fast multi-tiered greens. Tall fescue roughs and waste areas. Large receptive sand traps. Some water comes into play. Number one feature is the very hilly tree-less terrain. Wind is an issue. Not a level hole on the course. Awesome views. The Legends will grap your attention and NOT let go. Hard but fair. Walking the course is an athletic venture.

The 210 yards downhill par 3 17th guarded by fescue waste hillside on left and cupped by a pond on the right was my favorite hole. With a right to left cross wind shot making was a must.

All the holes had risk-reward shots offered. Go for the bird/bogey+ or play it safe. The rough was deep and unforgiving but the fairways wide to prevent unduly slow play. Did I mention the hard greens. Also very fast. Bump and run approach shots were the order of the day. One less club in is a wise choice.

Andy North designed Trappers Turn at Wisconsin Dells. An above average course. Andy hit a home run with The Legends. $39 green fees + $18 cart is a bit expensive but you will playing a great course at that price. The closest I've seen for this price/value is Grand National courses and Capitol Hills set on the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Also (for Jeff4i in New Mexico) Paa-ko and Black Mesa. In my opinion this course could easily be a top 100 public course. Please DO NOT SPREAD THE WORD.;)

Unfortunately in estimated 2 years this gem will have gone private.

Madison, Wisconsin has The Oaks, The Legends, University Ridges, and Bishops Bay. Golf heaven.:thumbs up:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
But Bishops bay is private & unless you know a member there is no way you are playing it.

Bergamont is an awesome course & that clubhouse they are building..WOW!

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
played there last summer and loved it. especially liked #9 dead into the wind. still had a birdie chance from 8 ft but missed it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.