• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lessons in Milwaukee area.

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
So I'm thinking of starting this year out better than years past and getting myself some lessons to improve my game.

I keep getting really mixed reviews about golftec, and I haven't been in love with any of the 1 on 1 lessons I've found locally. I'm looking for someone who will help me w/ out trying to turn me into something I'm not.

I wan't to swing hard, it feels natural, I'm not going to play more than occasionally. I like practice drills, and would be happy to make better contact or more consistent contact even if my scores never got much better.

My biggest swing flaw is I love to come over the top.. I like to cast... and I can't take a divot on a good shot with an iron to save my life...

Anyone have some good suggestions in the area? I know there are quite a few members in my region.

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Did I post this in the wrong area, or just the wrong season ?

PS... I found some stuff from Jason Mahke at Trappers Turn and he seems great, quite a ways outta the way, but not impossible.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Capone's driving range in Kenosha. Bobby Capone (George junior). Best there is IMHO.

$30 for 1/2 hour session. He usually has me fixed in about five minutes.

:)

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
interesting but only as close to me as Trappers Turn in that regard.

Is milwaukee especially the NW side really void of quality instruction? Not one plug for golftec, maybe everything i heard is right.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Haven't been to Golftec but have heard both good & bad things regarding them, I guess it all depends on the location you go to.

Jason at Trappers Turn is good, plus the course is fantastic.

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Thanks.. still looking for other area referrals if anyone has any...

and Wi I'm in love w/ your avatar.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
My good friend is a teaching pro around the Milwaukee area. His name is Shannon Morehouse. I'll PM his phone number.

🔥 Latest posts