• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lessons Learnt

atom

Mar 2, 2008
What do you think on below? Some pointers from my coach yesterday.

Lessons Learnt- Position club first, then body.
- Body should bend forward more, back still straight!
- relax right arm to align both elbow on same plane.
- takeaway with club face 90 degress feeling (not close, not open).
- Backswing, legs very minimal movement, to prevent hips turning, also preventing over back swinging.
- Feel pressure and strain on left body and whole legs at the tip of backswing.
- release normally, don;t think of club lag first...it happens naturally as more practice

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
What do you think on below? Some pointers from my coach yesterday.

Lessons Learnt- Position club first, then body.
- Body should bend forward more, back still straight!
- relax right arm to align both elbow on same plane.
- takeaway with club face 90 degress feeling (not close, not open).
- Backswing, legs very minimal movement, to prevent hips turning, also preventing over back swinging.
- Feel pressure and strain on left body and whole legs at the tip of backswing.
- release normally, don;t think of club lag first...it happens naturally as more practice

All things I follow and learned this year. As the Scarecrow said to Dorthy "I should have thought of those things for you, If I only had a brain."

OP
A

atom

Mar 2, 2008
good to hear that you learnt the same things Z... and got the same brains from our coaches! :p

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess I agree with everything but #1. I like to kick lead hip forward, set shoulders up behind the hip. Reverse K. I also feel you're skipping the most important step for me. Intiate downswing with the lower body, rotate the lead hip left and let the upper body follow, releasing the club with the body, down the line of the hips and shoulders at adress.

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
Agree with Ezra 76 about first point, otherwise agree with the others -- especially resisting against the hips on the backswing and clearing the left hip quickly for power.

🔥 Latest posts