• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lessons, the best investment.

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Well I think I finally got a worthwhile golf lesson and DAMN I wish I'd done it a long time ago. We basically spent an hour tearing down my take away to the very very basic again and shockingly when I get back on plane I don't come hugely over the top w/ an open face and shank the crap outta the ball: :killersmiley:

It seems I started getting out of line by the time my hands reached my right hip a while back and have continued to apply band aid on top of bandaid (any tip from anyone who ever hit 1 good shot) to deal with the problems it caused until they all finally snapped! I have a loooong way to go but for the first time in 2 seasons I actually feel like I might not be getting worse every time I touch a club.

So I got some things to practice now!

Thanks for the recommendation Strider!

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
I'm way to overexcited about so little... but the thought that I might be able to enjoy golfing again after having it as an enemy for so long has completely made my day.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I know how you feel man. I've had a few really good lessons. Need to take a few more. I might try the pro at the club I'm at now. The good thing is I wrote down and remember everything from my lessons. Good luck man. It's great to have that breakthrough and start putting together some pure, straight shots out on the course. Unfortunately for me I get this swing that pops up every few months, the one that is my scratch swing, then fades into remission for a while.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Hey Chuck,

Glad to hear your lesson went well. Shannon is an excellent teacher and I have no doubt he will get your swing exactly where you need it. You are not kidding about money well spent. The cost of a new driver could get alot of people some great lessons and a better golf game, But I know that hoing is fun also :)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I know how you feel man. I've had a few really good lessons. Need to take a few more. I might try the pro at the club I'm at now. The good thing is I wrote down and remember everything from my lessons. Good luck man. It's great to have that breakthrough and start putting together some pure, straight shots out on the course. Unfortunately for me I get this swing that pops up every few months, the one that is my scratch swing, then fades into remission for a while.

I'm in desperate need of another round of lessons. Sadly money is just to tight right now to justify them.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
You will definitly keep improving if you stay committed, and get some practice with a swing that works well. Good Job.

Fr. Chris.

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Yeah I'm actually coming out ahead... money wise with a lesson pack since I was about to go buy a new set of irons to compensate! I may still get a new driver anyway, so your right about the hoing :idhitit:

Hey Chuck,

The cost of a new driver could get alot of people some great lessons and a better golf game, But I know that hoing is fun also :)

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
When Shannon gets done with ya, you'll be able to hit any driver out there. You'll still need to ho a new one for fine tuning purposes :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts