• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Let's see them handicaps

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
United States United States
OK, that isn't making sense to me then... my rounds are 92, 87, 84, 82, 82, 86 (lowest being 10 over par but a slope rating of 68.6 if I read their score card correctly???

my swingbyswing page.. Tim Martin | Swing By Swing
Santiam's score card.. Scorecard

Does it seem right to you guys? I would think that it being a slope rating of 68.6 and my best rounds being 10 over par I should be a 11 or 12 ??????

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
OK, that isn't making sense to me then... my rounds are 92, 87, 84, 82, 82, 86 (lowest being 10 over par but a slope rating of 68.6 if I read their score card correctly???

Does it seem right to you guys? I would think that it being a slope rating of 68.6 and my best rounds being 10 over par I should be a 11 or 12 ??????

Agree, something is off there...the whole handicap/slope/adjust system is garbage...just play...if you have regulars, just keep adjusting after 9...avoid club events with all the sandbaggers and cheaters

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

Sounds like you don't have 10 scores in the system yet. No official handicap until that happens. .

Just a terminology thing, but the RATING of your course is 68.6, the SLOPE is another number (like 115 or 120) and it is an indicator of length and difficulty . The higher the slope, the tougher the course, just like rating.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Sounds like you don't have 10 scores in the system yet. No official handicap until that happens. .

Just a terminology thing, but the RATING of your course is 68.6, the SLOPE is another number (like 115 or 120) and it is an indicator of length and difficulty . The higher the slope, the tougher the course, just like rating.

^^^this

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
Ahh, ok... Thanks guys

I never play in tournaments, I only play because I love the game and its mostly by myself. Yeah, I only have 6 games played so far and its WAY TOO HOT to be out playing for the next week. I need to go to the driving range in the early morning to work on a swing change I was thinking about while playing the last round to get my weight shifting to my left side earlier. My ball striking has been awesome lately but i noticed that I didnt get all the weight I wanted to onto my left foot soon enough through that last round so it caused a few high/short shots.

Im just going to play and not worry about handicap since I wont be playing in any tournaments.

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
I have not had a USGA Handicap for more than ten years. I had kept one for twenty before I dropped it. We had a group of 25-30 players in a "Club without Real Estate" category. I played regularly with 7 or 8 of the members but rarely met the others. The guy that ran it stopped doing it as the numbers dwindled to where it wasn't worth his time to do it anymore. I looked up how handicaps are done on the USGA website so I have continued to compute my own handicap following their procedures. It is not a "valid" handicap but seeing as I will never participate in an event that calls for an Official USGA Handicap I'm fine just knowing where I am at. I've been as low as a 10.1 and as high as a 13.5 in the past four years.

🔥 Latest posts