• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lets settle this

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
There are new posts about drivers on here every time I log on. My position is you have to choose what is best for your game and the courses you play. I play an R7 400cc because I want the ability to hit a fade or draw when I need to. Here is a link to Taylormades site. Check out the forgiveness vs. workabitlity of thier drivers. http://www.taylormadegolf.com/category.asp?catID=11

On the second hole last week the other 3 guys in my group all went right into the rough, stuck behind trees. I hit it on the same line but with a 10 yard draw. This brought me back into the fairway, caught the downslope, 3/4 wedge left to a 411yd. par 4. I may gain a little distance and some forgiveness on mishits with a 460cc but it will not be as easy to hit a shot like that when I want to.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
If you can consistenly hit shot's like that when you want to, then a 460cc driver may not be the best choice. For me, I just try to get the clubface on the ball and live with where it ends up, preferably without leaving a skymark. How the he!! can I leave a skymark on a 460cc driver???

So for me, the bigger the clubface, the better chance I have at results. I could hit my old Firesole almost as far and sometimes further than my G2, but not as often and with as much consistency.

🔥 Latest posts