• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lexi Thompson Explains the Mark Seen Around the World

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
LPGA STAR LEXI THOMPSON HAS RECEIVED a lot of attention in recent weeks for the four-shot penalty that cost her a second major victory at the ANA Inspiration. The penalty came after a viewer message that was based on high-definition video evidence. Earlier this week the USGA and R&A introduced a new decision to the Rules of Golf that will limit video review.

Yesterday at the Volunteers of America Texas Shootout, Thompson faced the media for the first time since the incident. She said it has been a difficult time and hard to sleep. She explained the mark. And she cried.

Here's a snippet from Lexi on the mark:
"I have seen the video, and I can see where they're coming from with it. It might have been, I guess, me rotating the ball, but like I said, I've always played by the Rules of Golf. Growing up with two older brothers, they were always on me for playing by the Rules of Golf.
"There's no need for me to improve anything. Those greens were absolutely perfect, and the whole week there was nothing in my line to be moving it from anything. So, I have no reason behind it. I did not mean it at all."​

Source: Lexi Thompson Explains the Mark Seen Around the World

🔥 Latest posts