• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lie angles

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Just steering the thread a little...dynamically measuring swing plane.

Seems dangerous....

Can you explain that thought please? I don't think I understand what you are saying. From my interpretation it seems as though you are questioning the validity of measuring the swing by swinging? Hence my confusion.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just steering the thread a little...dynamically measuring swing plane.

Seems dangerous....
You're not dynamically measuring swing plane. You're basing your lie angle off of what actually happens at impact rather than from static #'s because nobody is actually in the same position at impact as they are at address. Static fitting is a starting point that kind of gets you close, but if a person hit off of a board and didn't look at it (so that he/she wont adjust to what they see) and let the fitter fit them based off of several natural swings, they'd find that something in their swing may tweak the lie from what the static #'s were. That something will most likely have something to do with swing plane, but it's not the goal to "measure swing plane". Dynamically measuring lie angle is a means to a desired result based off of what really happens in a swing rather than what is supposed to happen in a swing.

If a person was looking for a swing flaw they could use the same info to try to adjust, but that's not fitting... it's using said feedback to try to fix a "swing flaw". To me, if a person is in the middle of dissecting their swing and possibly doing a swing overhaul, they probably shouldn't be getting fitted at the same time.

🔥 Latest posts