• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lie question...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If I have a putter, I guess my question would go for all clubs, and standard lie is 71* and I want a flatter lie-does it decrease say to 69* or increase to 72*? I just can't seem to see it in my head...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
If I have a putter, I guess my question would go for all clubs, and standard lie is 71* and I want a flatter lie-does it decrease say to 69* or increase to 72*? I just can't seem to see it in my head...
Lower Degree equals flatter lie. Look at an iron chart if you ever need to remember. The long irons which are flatter to account for the length are as low as maybe 58*, the wedge could be around 64*. You need to go to your example of 69* to be flatter than 71*

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Lie angle is the angle between the shaft and the ground. Therfore, 90 is a totally straight up and down putter; a vertical line if viewed from the side. 0 would be a pool cue, laying on the ground.

Members online

No members online now.