• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

little tweaks = big difference

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I've been struggling again lately with my driver. I've been making great contact but I end up with either a high push that really doesn't go anywhere or a pretty decent fade/slice. It had me pretty frustrated this last week especially because I wasn't getting to really see what my new Rapture could do.

I went out to the range with a buddy at lunch today. He's scratch golfer that really loves breaking down the golf swing and he's a great resource to have as he supliments my lessons quite nicely. Today he was noticing that I was getting stuck on my downswing which was preventing me from really coming into the ball from the inside and then releasing the club head. He reminded me to keep my width on the back swing and then he suggested that I close my stance just a bit. (I normally set-up a touch open but I've actually been messing around with this a bit and have had some positive signs) Anyway, the results today were outstanding! I was hitting the ball straight and long and the harder I pushed it, the farther the ball seemed to go. Best part was I didn't lose a single ball to the right, nor the left for that matter.

For giggles we had his swing speed measuring device set-up. We've done this a couple of times before; last summer (pre-lessons) I was seeing 88-92mph with the driver and earlier this year I had brought that up to 98-100. My first swings today were showing 99-102 (what I was expecting) but after I made the tweaks I started hitting 105/106 consistantly and, on the few that I really went after it, I managed to get it up to 109! Again, every one was right at the targets I was going after.

Needless to say I'm pretty floored with the swing speed increase since last summer and this certainly explains why I've been so happy with the stiff flex Evolution in my 3W. It also makes me realize that the chance I took going with the stiff VS Proto was certainly the right move. Now, if I can only hold on to these tweaks and get them to stick!!

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'll trade you my 905R for your Rapture... :(

The 905R was two drivers ago for me. I really liked it but I just couldn't bring it enough for the stiff 757 Speeder (not Titty Speeder) and so I decided to let it go while the resale was still pretty good (about 1-2 weeks prior to the major price drop).

I got to see the Rapture really perform today and I love it! Of course, this won't stop me from visiting the PING demo day at lunch on Thursday... :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.