• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LIV Stupidity

Oldvarmints

May 4, 2022
Country
United States United States
I will be the first to acknowledge I will never understand humans. But please someone explain to me, after all the trials and tribulations we humans have been through since the dawn of humans. Why anyone would support a tour that is financed by a country that is so abusive of women's rights. Phil, you were one of my favorite golfers, you have a wife whose had cancer. Would she still be hear, if she lived in that country? You have daughters, one you even gave up playing in the "US Open" to go to her graduation. And now you're applying to play on that tour. Shame on you and all golfers who have applied. There is no good reason to play on that tour!! More wealth is never an answer!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We're supposed to stay clear of politics on this forum, but... This LIV is nothing but "sportswashing". In the late 30's, Germany hosted an Olympics in an effort to look "less evil" to the world. The Saudi's have a history of human rights violations, not specific to the female gender. Greg Norman has always been a POS and has tried, in the past, to mount challenges to the PGA. The only difference today is that he has the backing of billions from the Saudi regime. So far, the LIV hasn't seen an exodus from the PGA to support them. Hopefully, their tournaments are not televised and their attempt at being a success is short lived.

OP
O

Oldvarmints

May 4, 2022
Country
That's... a hell of a first post. We actually already have a LIV Tour thread so let's keep it there, please.

Also, welcome to the forum, fellow PNW golfer!
I thought about putting it there. But I wanted the thread to approach this subject towards the absurdity of this tour. And the comments to be about SA and anyone who would even think about joining that tour. Greg Norman should be a shamed of himself. He has a daughter. What excuse do these pros give to their daughters and wives on even thinking about joining this tour!! If you want the PGA tour to change, you have committees for that.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I understand, but as limp said, we don't discuss politics here. We can all talk about how much of an asshole Greg Norman is though, I don't think anyone will refute that 😁

OP
O

Oldvarmints

May 4, 2022
Country
I understand, but as limp said, we don't discuss politics here. We can all talk about how much of an asshole Greg Norman is though, I don't think anyone will refute that 😁
I disagree Tea, this is not about politics, it's about human rights and how we're going to respect our fellow humans. Doesn't matter which side of the spectrum your on. To bring politics in to this discussion is just another way to avoid the problem.

🔥 Latest posts