• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Living up to the name... "Hacker"!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Been playing most every day. New knee is doing quite well. One more week physical therapy, then back to work. Trying to take advantage of the time off work.

Missed only 2 or 3 days in the last 3 weeks. And, we've had a record cold October!! We've played in cold rain and just plain cold!! We've played in cold wind and just plain cold!! If they let us out... yes, we've already had some frost delays... we'll play.

Have set right there in that 83 to 88 range. Haven't been in the 90's since the 3rd Grade picnic. And, just cannot seem to get two 9's together to drop into the 70's. But, we're playing and having fun.... until yesterday.

One hour of physical therapy yesterday morning. 30 mph wind with a cold mist in the air. 42 degrees. We had got about 2" rain the night before and was carts on path. There were 3 of us playing... the ONLY 3 stupid enough to brave the weather and play. From the first tee to the last, it was as if I had never played a round of golf in my life. I, simply, could not make solid contact with anything. Driver... 2-wood... hybrids... even tried to use a 5-iron off the tee on a par 4 and couldn't get that thing airborne.

I struggled in with a 96!!! I, honestly, cannot remember the last time I carded a 96. Toed tee shots... fat irons... putts left way short... NOTHING worked and my card showed it! Wondered why. Both of the other players are regulars at our course. A**hats seemed to find humor in my struggle. And, mind you, I had to laugh to keep from crying! Inside, I really worried about everything from vision going bonkers to a slight stroke. Mind is not your best friend when this game goes completely bad!!!

Weather, today, was cold!! Began the day with another hour of physical therapy. 39 degrees with 20 mph wind. But, no precip in the air. Regular partner had to babysit grandkids. So, I went out to play 9... just to see if I could hit the ball. There was one single about 5 holes in front of me. He and I were the only two on the entire course. I hit two balls off each tee and it was as if yesterday never happened. Didn't keep score on that 9, but was pleasantly satisfied how the clubs felt and where some of the balls were landing. Buddy called right after lunch and he had been releived of babysitting duty. So, we headed back to the course. Three of us joined up for 18. 41/39 for an 80!!! Stupid game!!!!

Yesterday... 96. Today... 80. Same course. Almost same pathetic weather. 16 strokes, almost a stroke a hole, different. Hadn't shot 96 in forever. Hadn't carded an 80 since before the knee replacement.

Supposed to be frost delay tomorrow morning. Then, nice for a few days. Will be at the course when they open, tomorrow, to see if the better player shows up. Plan to try to play every day between now and Monday, November 2, when I'm supposed to return to work. If I never see another 96, it'll be too soon!!

freakyswinger

Golf Ellusionist
Oct 23, 2009
yes its funny how i can chip really good, putt great, smash my driver, hit my irons like tiger,
kill the hybirds. to bad i cant do it all on the same day? go figure?

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
yes its funny how i can chip really good, putt great, smash my driver, hit my irons like tiger,
kill the hybirds. to bad i cant do it all on the same day? go figure?

If we could... and do that every day, day after day... we'd be playing on television on Sunday and be married to a former Swedish model!!!!!;);)

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Yep! I can totally feel your pain. Every one of us have had days like those. And you're right about us being on tv, if we could actually put the whole game together for multiple rounds. Now that the weather has gone from bad to worse, I'm in the same boat. Going from playing several times a week to maybe once if you're really lucky, is a killer to your game and confidence. My past two rounds have been easily my worst of the season and it really didn't seem to get any better the more I played... Its a confusing game and probably the most agrivating I've ever played, but I keep coming back! :faintthud

ps- about the Swedish model, you forgot to mention we'd have knocked her up twice already. With a third I'm sure in the works!!

🔥 Latest posts