• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lob wedge - you just gotta have faith!!

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
Wow, 4 sand saves (out of 5) and 3 other up/downs with the "lob wedge from he!!"

I've preached this before to those having problems; Take a couple good practice swings that feel right, step up and repeat swing. Don't take time to overthink it or talk yourself out of it, just step up and repeat the practice swing!

P_102

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
P_102 said:
Wow, 4 sand saves (out of 5) and 3 other up/downs with the "lob wedge from he!!"

I've preached this before to those having problems; Take a couple good practice swings that feel right, step up and repeat swing. Don't take time to overthink it or talk yourself out of it, just step up and repeat the practice swing!

P_102

Playing out of the sand with your lob wedge? What degree?

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I will be

Although 58* in my head is a SW, Cleveland calls it a lob wedge.

OP
P

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
It's a 60 degree Mizuno.

My course, for whatever reason, went last year w/ very little sand in the bunkers, many times less than an inch deep and very hard underneath.....a regular sand wedge would bounce up and either let you hit the ball twice or blade it over the green. I switched to the lob wedge but don't open the face much unless a very short shot is required. Will still use a regular SW if buried in deeper sand but it's not often on my course.

BTW, saw a golf show a year or 2 ago that mentioned many pro's switching to the lob out of the sand.

P_102

🔥 Latest posts