• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lob Wedge

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The only full shot I play with it is a knock down draw played back in my stance. I could never control the distance if I played it up in my stance.
I really like that shot. I remember when I was able to do it on call last year. Still trying to get it back, along with a low draw off the tee with my 4i. If anyone finds those shots of mine, (my putting is traveling with them I assume) i'm offering a reward for their return.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
The only full shot I play with it is a knock down draw played back in my stance. I could never control the distance if I played it up in my stance.
I tend to play all irons back in my stance and have no issue hitting a 60*.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I used to hit a 58 but now use a 60. I have load it level to my hands usually but the forward momentum is like a putt stroke. Its fun to pop'em up

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like spinning an Ozzy record in reverse?

Careful..we were the kids doing that back then.

Which reminds me..when that crap was going on...I once talked some similiarly young but misguided southern baptists out of burning a whole bunch of LP records. Toldem I needed to study them. I still get tickled at hauling those bags away. Recognizing my talent- I later became a salesman of sorts.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Love it. My 60* is the most important club in my bag. I use it almost exclusively around the greens. I hit it about everyday goofing off with my boys...I'm pretty confident with it. I need a good lie for a full shot though.
You and me both.
I love all those 'NICE SHOT!" comments I get.
Ive pulled off some shots with my 60* that left me with my jaw hanging.I may blade one time in maybe two dozen lob shots so for me the percentages work but its likely just because Ive practiced with the 60 so much. Generally while Im waiting on a tee box to tee off I pull out the 60 and make some little lobby shots in the grass to keep in practice.

On a tight lie I keep my arms dead stiff straight and just a quick back and forth putting type stroke so I dont blade the ball or bounce the club off the ground. Its good for a clean shot.

I have 48*,52*56* and 60* in the bag and right now I dont see them ever being changed other than maybe replacing the 52 with a Eye 2 52 clone.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
I tend to play all irons back in my stance and have no issue hitting a 60*.
Definitely agree. Especially if they have a bit more bounce. I play the ball no futher forward than dead center and mostly more rearward than that.

🔥 Latest posts