• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lob Wedge

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
I wasn't going to try to debate it because I didn't know. Just going off what I perceive to be a shorter club. Haven't cared to actually measure it

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think the length is personal preference. I ay mine all the same length, but have friends who don't.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Never a round played that I don't use my LW a number of times. My Eye 2+ is 58 degrees. Today, we played a different course with lots of greenside bunkers. Love softly lobbing over a bunker to a tight pin. I can close it down and hit a pitch that grabs like a tick on testicles.

My SW is 54 degrees. PW is 50. Even gaps, but I don't use the SW much. It's usually either running one up to the pin with the PW or lobbing it there with the LW.

Been experimenting with a set of "old man's clubs" a little. They were only in the bag a couple of rounds when my Pings started begging to be back in the bag. The new PW is 46 degrees, what my 9 iron is now. I kept the PW, SW, and LW from the Ping set in the bag when I piddled with the GI irons. Don't know if I can ever part with these and continue playing the game.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
That is false!
Prove it. Mine are.

Edit: Since I know that you are a Vokey dealer and would certainly prove me wrong I went and looked myself and sure enough... Vokeys get shorter in 1/4" increments. Other brands and or models i've seen do come in the same length. So I am kind of wrong. I apologize in advance for undermining your wisdom.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Prove it. Mine are.

Edit: Since I know that you are a Vokey dealer and would certainly prove me wrong I went and looked myself and sure enough... Vokeys get shorter in 1/4" increments. Other brands and or models i've seen do come in the same length. So I am kind of wrong. I apologize in advance for undermining your wisdom.
Just because that's how they come stock doesn't mean they can't be changed. I made all mine the same length.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
A quarter inch in a club isn't noticeable to me. A half inch is barely noticeable.

That said, Im pretty sure mine are different length...i can't feel a difference.

🔥 Latest posts