• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Local city course

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Here's a few pics of a course that I frequent. The price is right, the greens are awesome, and they have cute girls that work there. Pretty much heaven. :eek:

The first shows #10, a downhill par 3, plays about 167 from the Whites. Pro tees are back left of the photo, it plays 210 from there, totally different angle to the green.

The second is the hardest par 4 on the course. It's about a 310 drive to the Poplars on the right. Then, you still have about 170 coming home. And, 9 times out of ten, it plays into the wind. Ya, it's sweet.

Tough course, but sweet shape. And, as I mentioned, girls.

Sorry I don't have any more pics. These are all i took during a round when my irons decided to stay in the car for the majority of the round. I would have taken more, but that would have taken up valuable "rage time".
:D

R35
#10small.jpg
#14small.jpg

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ugh.....

After posting those, i promise to do better next time. That day, we had some smoke from northern forest fires blow in and sort of blurred alot of the pics. My apologies for the terrible photography examples. I promise to do better next time!

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
Ugh.....

After posting those, i promise to do better next time. That day, we had some smoke from northern forest fires blow in and sort of blurred alot of the pics. My apologies for the terrible photography examples. I promise to do better next time!

R35

If you save them in a 640 X 480 setting - they will fit the board frame perfectly and we can view them without moving the bars...

Nice looking course. What is it called?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I think i had the camera set at the medium size setting. I can make them smaller for next time.

It's a city owned course call the Murray Golf and Country Club. There's two courses side by side, both city owned. If you look at the pic of the par four dogleg right, you'll see another course to the right of the green across a road there. It's a 27 holes city course called the Tor Hill.

Ya, the "Tor Hill". If you know anything about the English language, "Tor" means hill. So, go figure. ;)

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That's a Canadian course? looks like the Mohjave with some water. ;)

I like the higher resolution pics, you can resize them before you post them...any photo editor can do that....or you can reset the camera...my camera likes to hop back to the high res ones all by itself though, so I resize them later.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Now that i check the camera, it's set to economy setting. I was taking some general pics where i didn't need the res, and never set it back.

As i said, i'll do better next time......or quit taking pictures!...lol.

R35

🔥 Latest posts