• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Local Tournaments

5ironeagle

Jul 11, 2008
Hi everyone,
Im new to shottalk. My friend referred me and I wanna post about my first official tournament. I would like to play golf as a career but I have a ways to go. The tournament we are playing in is the Golf Galaxy Tour. Put together by golf galaxy, callaway and pro's and hackers mag. The rounds are "flighted" and you play with people in your handicap range....In order to protect amatuer status the winnings are given in the form of golf galaxy gift cards. 1st place gets 1000 dollars! there is also a side challenge where if you play the callaway tour i balls you get another 500 in callaway gift cards. Its alot of fun and they host tourny's in almost all states,. there is a regional tourny and final tourny in las vegas and really all you do to advance is pay. Prizes are given to 50% of the field so its worth the challenge and a great way to start getting free stuff and maintaining a usga handicap! Everybody should check it out, its a nice way to play competitively and do something with that game of yours. Ill be happy to answer any questions and I would appreciate any pointers yall could gimmie!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
It's borderline, but acceptable IMHO as there is nothing for the poster to gain. Sling may decide otherwise.

I have checked out the Golf Galaxy tour, but there is not a tour site close to me.

I play on the eGolf Amateur Tour, and I highly recommend these well run amateur tourneys.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If your legit I apologize. But your post reads like an ad for the Golf Galaxy Tour. We've had a rash of spammers lately on here so I just assumed..................... Again, if you are legit, I offer my apologies and welcome you to Shot Talk.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
It's borderline, but acceptable IMHO as there is nothing for the poster to gain. Sling may decide otherwise.

I have checked out the Golf Galaxy tour, but there is not a tour site close to me.

I play on the eGolf Amateur Tour, and I highly recommend these well run amateur tourneys.

Agreed Siberian, thats the same one I'm a member of. Are you going to the big finale at the end of the year?

OP

5ironeagle

Jul 11, 2008
Naw Im legit, Im an emergency operator so I tend to be a little informative. Haha, it does read kinda lame though. I will definetly check out this tour siberian is talking about though!!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Welcome to the board!

There's nothing like competitive golf.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Being a little slow at work at the moment, I just spent some time perusing the websites for the eGolf Amateur Tour (the one I play), the Golf Channel Amateur Tour, and the Golf Galaxy Tour.

First of all, all of the websites suck. EGolf sucks a little bit less than the others, but all are lame. Dead links & typos abound. It's obvious that some cities on some tours are struggling and may fold. But times are hard.

The difficulties in running a good flighted tournament are so numerous that I applaud the tour cities that have got it right. I just wish Augusta wasn't so backwater: we only have eGolf here, and are so small that we don't even have a Senior division; we fatbellies have to compete with the flatbellies.

I keep eGolf brochures up front and give them out to everyone who asks why I have such a good tan. :) Now if I only had a squint and a 2 iron and a game to go with them I would be set.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.