• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Loft on my driver...too much?

OP
N

Nate Adams

Aug 21, 2006
Thanks again guys....

Jeff4: It's a new r7 460cc...just got it in June.

MG: The driver has weights but it's the new MWT...which I have set-up neutral.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Same driver as mine and same time I got it. Mine was a birthday present.

Did you get the buy one get one deal?

OP
N

Nate Adams

Aug 21, 2006
No "2 for 1" deal but I did pretty well.....My father-in-law works in the pro-shop on the course where he lives and the pro there decided to stop selling golf clubs (not sure why!) and clear out the inventory they had....so he bought it for $200 and sold it to me for the same.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
19handicap,

I can't find the exact article at the moment but will post it (or the link) when I do. It is not just an assumption on my part. I would be willing to bet that you could take your driver to a reputable club maker to be checked and it's loft will be higher than what is stamped on the sole plate.

If you do not find the article, point them to Tom Wishon's book. He stated the same thing about OEM's intentionally mis-marking loft angles as a marketing tool. This is one of the many reasons you need to be fitted to OEM clubs as you do not really know what is marketing fluff and what is reality. While I do not go out and measure OEM driver loft angles, all of my Golfsmith produced driver heads loft angles have been measured and not one was off by so much as a degree.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Okay, so it was Wishon's book and not an article where I read it. I knew it was somewhere. Thanks.

Wishon should know since he designed clubs for most of them before staring his own company. I have 13 of his clubs in my bag right now. Only my putter is not one of his very, very well made clubs.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hit that one yesterday, nice club, don't like the Re-aX though. The weights in that are only meant to help close or not close the face through impact, not change high/low flight like the original and 425 can. Shaft with a stiffer tip and higher kickpoint should lower it down some. There are a ton of them out there and if you play an Rflex you can get them cheaper. Everyone wants the stiff shafts on Ebay. Fuji Speeder, Graf blue, NV, any of these will do the trick. I've seen a lot of pulls from TP's also. There are 75 gram TP Re-aX shafts and TP Speeders on Ebay. They look really cool with the TP graphics.

mattfalcon

Sep 18, 2006
My driver swing speed is 112mph and I use a 12º driver to maximize distance and accuracy. I guess it all depends on your swing arc through impact.

🔥 Latest posts