• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Longest Drive In Golf History

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Longest Drive in Golf?

The drive home after losing The Masters by missing a 4 footer on 18.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
It is Steve Smith who hit a Bang, Bang-o-Matic 6* 538 yards.

The Longest in the Re-Max World Long Drive Finals is Jason Zuback who hit it 412 yards.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
It looks like the longest on Tour was Davis Love III at 476 yards, though obviously they don't measure driving distance on every hole:

SI.com - Golf Stats - PGA Tour Longest Drive

I looked through other years on the PGA Tour site and didn't find anything longer than that. Interestingly, Jeff Sluman appears to be 2nd place with 473 yards in 2003.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Wouldn't 15,395 posts make you King of the Losers? :D
The Lyin' King....
icon10.gif

OP
S

scrawney

May 8, 2008
Longest Drive in Golf?

The drive home after losing The Masters by missing a 4 footer on 18.

:D....yeah!!...I would definately say that would be a very long drive indeed!!

551 yards? ...amazing!....that sort of yardage defies the basic laws of gravity for a golf ball...that would be a combination of perfect pendulum motion and perfect wind variance...no other explanation could really define it.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
What amazes me is that a 64 year old man hit it 515 with a persimmon wood and a steel shaft. What these overly developed freaks do on the Long Drive Tour do with tricked out equipment pales in comparison to me.

Just my .02's worth.

Tee 1 Up

Jul 24, 2007
Well whoever did hit the longest drive. You can bet money he was using the HAMMER... POWWWWW!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What amazes me is that a 64 year old man hit it 515 with a persimmon wood and a steel shaft. What these overly developed freaks do on the Long Drive Tour do with tricked out equipment pales in comparison to me.

Just my .02's worth.

Agreed. 515 feet with a persimmon driver is insane, even on Texas fairways.:D

R35

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
What kind of Ball was Dobbyn using? anyone know? Surely he must have this on a plaque in his house, or in Steve's shop. lol

OP
S

scrawney

May 8, 2008
Just out of curiosity.. what exactly is.. "The Hammer" ? ....never heard of it...I just got back into golf after a 15 year hiatus...the most non-traditional thing they had years back that I can remember was the Robinhood golf ball that was illegal to use in tournaments because it gave you an extra 50 or 75 yards.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Watch the golf channel late at night, you won't be able to miss it, :biglol:

🔥 Latest posts