• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Look out world!

longiron

May 2, 2005
Not to get this started but, Wie made the cut in a mens event. How long till she wins one?

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
No doubt she is a phenomenal golfer regardless of gender. However, I don't think she will ever win a PGA Tour event. She may win one on the Asian tour but never the PGA Tour. I also told a buddy of mine in College that Tiger Woods would never be that great a golfer so that proves what I know.

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
A great achievment for Wie in todays game!
Heard that she is trying to qualify for the US Open this year?
If she makes it I'm not sure she could cope with the length of the course and the penal rough on a typical US Open Track.
Then again not many of the blokes can either!
15-20 yard wide fairways, rough that sucks a ball to a wiry grave and pin positions that can only be descibed as "creative".....BRUTAL!:)

David B

Nuttier than a Squirrel
Apr 21, 2005
Quick question... why is it that women will try out (and make the cut) for the PGA, but you don't see the guys doing the same for the LPGA?

I just always find it ironic that the best women all want to try to outdo the men... isn't being the best on the LPGA circuit enough, or do they always feel like they have to break into the 'boys club' of the PGA?

I don't mean this in a mean-spirited fashion... just an observation.

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
I notice that a lot too Dave, I think in this case Michelle is just doing it for a challenge.

Can I just ask, I haven't heard much controversy about Wie entering a men's event, but whenever any other woman tries everyone has a sook. Why is that?

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
longiron said:
Not to get this started but, Wie made the cut in a mens event. How long till she wins one?

Don't get me and Rockford started on this again it'll only end up with him in tears because he has to pay to send me a chocolate bar.(If your new to Shottalk I dont expect you to understand)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
longiron said:
How long till she wins one?

47,987 years.

It'll never happen in my lifetime. I'll put $100 dollars on it.

"I feel like a hundred dollars..." - Ty Webb

R35

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
47,987 years.

It'll never happen in my lifetime. I'll put $100 dollars on it.

"I feel like a hundred dollars..." - Ty Webb

R35

Fair enough...

If you're an 80 year old blind, deaf guy with alzheimers and parkinsons, who can't get out of bed and is permanently on a life support machine (NOM to anyone that IS)...

Are we talking about a US Tour event? Or ANY mens event?

OP
longiron

longiron

May 2, 2005
I still say to think that this 16 year old girl who hits the ball as well as she does isn't going to figure it out and win one is nuts. She has the game to make it just not the mentality yet. Rock i know how strongly you feel about this but it will happen, Just relax and enjoy.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This is the Asian tour though, not the real deal. Considering Wie is about 6" taller than the average asian male her distance is not such a factor as in PGA events. I want to see her have a go in the US open, that will be a test. The womens US open is being played here in my homestate. I may have to go check it out. I wonder how much it costs?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.