• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking at drivers...

OP
bunkerbound

bunkerbound

Can't Putt
Apr 6, 2008
i hear ya guys- just had a really bad experience with a fitting session..

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
i hear ya guys- just had a really bad experience with a fitting session..

Hmmm? From what I've seen a decent bit of fitting is plain, however, I've seen it done for a while.

So you have some information, here you go...oh, and know that I might be incorrect but I'm sure a prestigious member will correct me with the joy and zeal of any dbag that lurks around here...

Ideal RPM Backspin: 2000-3500(very very vague here, depends on SS, 3500 might be a bit high)
Ideal Launch Angle: 12.5-16 degrees
Ideal Sidespin: Ideally...none.

This is just general, a good fitter will know better, and we have a few of those around here. Anyway, you really want to find something that will give you the most carry and most roll, without sacrificing the other, and not too much spin without too little. Shaft flex, kickpoint, torque, stiffness at the tip and everywhere else, and all that affects this.

NOW...

I've chosen every driver I've ever chosen off of what I prefer, no launch angle, just old school testing. My FT-i happens to be in the optimal range, but I liked it well before I knew that. So what does that mean? Try it on your own, and see what you like.

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
Hmmm? From what I've seen a decent bit of fitting is plain, however, I've seen it done for a while.

So you have some information, here you go...oh, and know that I might be incorrect but I'm sure a prestigious member will correct me with the joy and zeal of any dbag that lurks around here...

Ideal RPM Backspin: 2000-3500(very very vague here, depends on SS, 3500 might be a bit high)
Ideal Launch Angle: 12.5-16 degrees
Ideal Sidespin: Ideally...none.

This is just general, a good fitter will know better, and we have a few of those around here. Anyway, you really want to find something that will give you the most carry and most roll, without sacrificing the other, and not too much spin without too little. Shaft flex, kickpoint, torque, stiffness at the tip and everywhere else, and all that affects this.

NOW...

I've chosen every driver I've ever chosen off of what I prefer, no launch angle, just old school testing. My FT-i happens to be in the optimal range, but I liked it well before I knew that. So what does that mean? Try it on your own, and see what you like.
ur numbers are pretty accurate according to golf digest dude...i have chosen my drivers differently however....i tend to jus go oh i like the look of that without ever touching it and buy it..some i hate some i like...big thing is that i would of been happy about it for at least at week , and golf is just that much more fun when ur trying out a new club

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
ur numbers are pretty accurate according to golf digest dude...i have chosen my drivers differently however....i tend to jus go oh i like the look of that without ever touching it and buy it..some i hate some i like...big thing is that i would of been happy about it for at least at week , and golf is just that much more fun when ur trying out a new club

Oh, for sure. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm probably the quietest ho you'll meet on here. By quiet, I mean not many people know how many clubs I go through, especially drivers, :D

OP
bunkerbound

bunkerbound

Can't Putt
Apr 6, 2008
just got my burner back today with the pershing installed.. i think i may have lost distance....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.