• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a new bag, need help.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I currently have an Ogio Ozone stand bag, it's nice and light. The one thing that I hate about it is the divider system. Clubs get jammed up all the time.

Are there any stand bags out there that have slots for individual clubs?
If not, I am crossing over to a cart bag, the Ogio Atlas 2006 bag is dirt cheap right now.

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Crossover!! Ogio Atlas is a great bag!! :D

Yeah, I like this bag alot. TGW has last years model for $99.00.

In all honesty, I don't think I will be walking much anymore. Carrying the bag on my back for 18 holes is tiresome, the weight is putting too much stress on my back (slipped disc years ago).

Thanks Warbird.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Sun Mountain makes a 14 slot stand bag, so does Nike. They both look like nice bags with the advantage of legs for range sessions. They're also lighter in case you decide to get a pull/push cart for walking.

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I had the Sun Mountain C-130 last year but the slots were too small and I had trouble getting the grips into the bag. I ended up returning the C-130 and I found the Ogio Atlas which is the best cart bag on the market as far as I'm concerned. The pockets are laid out well, individual slots that work, bullet proof construction, and great looks to boot!

p2360695reg.jpg

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I had the Sun Mountain C-130 last year but the slots were too small and I had trouble getting the grips into the bag. I ended up returning the C-130 and I found the Ogio Atlas which is the best cart bag on the market as far as I'm concerned. The pockets are laid out well, individual slots that work, bullet proof construction, and great looks to boot!

p2360695reg.jpg

Did you get last years model? Last years model weighs 10.6 lbs. Current year model weighs 9.5 lbs.

Do you use the bag with a push/pull cart?

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
Yeah, I got it last year so I guess it's the 10 pounder, I use a Sun Mountain push cart that looks like this, again last years model.

awww.tgw.com_images_products_accessories_sunmountain_9311_i_metallicblack.jpg

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Yeah, I got it last year so I guess it's the 10 pounder, I use a Sun Mountain push cart that looks like this, again last years model.

awww.tgw.com_images_products_accessories_sunmountain_9311_i_metallicblack.jpg

Nice, I have a bag boy 3 wheel cart, looks like the one above. Should start using it more.

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I looked at the Bag Boy too but I like the brake system on the Sun Mountain cart better.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Stay away from Izzo bags, I have one and cant wait for an good excuse to get a different bag. The shoulder straps always get twisted, the dividers do not divide well and it is kind of heavy for being a lightweight stand bag. I will be doing way more research on my next bag.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
If you mostly ride in a cart or use a pull cart I would go with a cart bag. There is a lot more room for the clubs and everything else. I recently bought an OGIO Syncro and I love it so far.

syncro_black_500x500.jpg

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I did it. I pulled the trigger.
Ordered the 2006 Ogio Atlas (Silver) from TGW for $105.38. :laugh:

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Johnny Par, that is a great price for the Atlas!

Thanks. I remember hearing about this deal from someone here on the forum that was considering the purchase as well. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts