• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for a new driving iron shaft.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
looking for a lighter weight but similar stiffness option for my 2i. Current shaft is a KBS tour C-taper Lite 110s. I know the tour AD shafts are super common for driving irons, but is there a difference between the hybrid shafts and the utility/driving iron shafts?
The hybrid ones are denoted the same way as the driver, like tour AD DI 7x or something like that but the utility ones are just AD 85 like there is only one option for profile.
Just looking for something with similar high launching performance for my 2i but that is lighter and as stiff.

The way it looks right now is that the iron shafts are only available in X-flex at 95 grams where as for the hybrid I can get one in 75x, so what is to stop me from just getting that and playing it at the same length as my current 2i, I can’t imagine it’s even that much longer because my 2h is only 1” longer than my 2i.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Actually just did a little extra digging, and I guess the 2014 UDI’s that came stock with the KBS c-tapers are actually .355 taper hosels, so I wouldn’t be able to put in a .370 parallel shaft, so the hybrid shafts are off the table and I will likely need to go with their “iron” shafts that are available in the heavier weight. Still though, I think 15g is a considerable improvement hopefully.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.