• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for new clubs for the season, any ideas?

hawkpro

Apr 11, 2011
I willing to spend around 600 for some new irons. I have my driver ( callaway FT5 draw bias) from two season my irons suck plus there in another state and ideas on what to get. I have been out of the loop for a while? No blades I'm that good, I shoot high 80's, i'm 23 6'1 and a fast club head speed. I have no problem getting the ball high into the air. Ill get used, or new but rather a used good set of irons? Any help whould be great thanks.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
If on a budget I advice to look for Wilson Staff Irons. Di9s or Ci7s can be have under $300 new which is the best bang for the buck you will ever find.

If you want something a little bit more expensive, try and get some slightly used Mizuno MX-200 or 300s irons which would go around $400, or even some fancy Mp-52s for around the same price. You can get a great set of G15s from PING around $400 as well

If you prefer some other brand or you would prefer new, find a set which is a couple of years old, since they go down in price amazingly and technology hasn't really moved in the last 10 years regarding these clubs. You can find a new set of Callaway X-20s around $400, or previous TM Burners, or S2 Cobras.

There is plenty of good equipment out there. With a $400 set of irons you still have $200 for wedges which are far more important than your irons IMO. You can get anything you want with that. If price is the issue, Adams has a 3-piece wedge set for under $100 which performs just as good as any other wedge for a third of the price.

harrison

Nov 3, 2010
If you are looking for a quality brand under 600 I would try looking at the Nike Sq Machspeed set and the Cobra S3 Set. Both would work great with your swing speed. There both under 600 at GolfClubs.com I just checked.

OP
H

hawkpro

Apr 11, 2011
Do the Mp-52s play more a blade, they look as if they do? Is 411.00 good price for used ones? 4-pw

OP
H

hawkpro

Apr 11, 2011
ok so i ordered the mp-52's 429 the total was now i just need a golf bag

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Mp52s are an awesome choice for irons. You'll love the feel, and even though they look like player iron's, there is a lot of forgiveness behind them.

GolfFans88

Apr 6, 2011
I wanted to get those new white burners or R11, except they have so many shafts and I have no idea which one does what? Anyone knows about these shafts?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online