• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for some new irons...

Gators

Aug 9, 2006
I have been playing for a while now and im thinking of getting some new irons that can help me improve my game and kind of take it to the next level. Right now im playing snake eyes python os irons, they just seem a little too wide and bulky. So im looking for kind of a semi beginner to intermediate irons that will last me for a while as I hopefully improve. My pirce range is around $250 and under. How are the titleist DCI 981's?

thanks,
steve

bzotta

Jul 11, 2006
hey, about 6 months ago I was in the same position as you. I was using some oversized dunlop irons that were pretty bad. I was looking to spend about the same as you and found the Ping eye 2 irons for only $175. They are pretty old but i love them. You should look for some of them or some titleist DCI 981s or 990s.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd personally go for forged over cast irons. The 981's should go for way less than $250. Check the PGA value guide http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2768/product_type/205/model/43834/b/Titleist/p/Iron%20set/m/DCI%20981

I don't like to pay much more than high Trade-in value for anything used. I have a set of Mizuno's that are very similar looking to those in my dad's basement. The set is missing the 6iron and I was using a T-Zoid in it's place. (A very nice and underrated set by the way). If you are at all interested LMK as they are just collecting dust.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
If you can find them try the Cleveland TA5'S. Great iron, I am i belive a few others here play them. Give them a shot you'll love them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.