• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for the new 3 wood.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Ok Neveada bob's never gave me my v-steel back and claim for it to still be at taylormade for 2 months so I am going to maybe buy a new 2nd hand one tommorow, I don't seem to liek the newer 3 woods as much the faces seem to be getting deeper and some of them go to high for me so I'm gonig to go buy a Ormilar 16* or a callaway old version hawk eye I prefer these woods I love the small shallow faces and I get a lower penertrating balll flight off them.

Anyone else liek the sightly older techonlongy in 3 woods, I feel a 3 wood is a 3 wood and they shouldn't make these new cobra titanium ones.

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
Liking my PT alot, just need to get a new shaft for it. The small look of it is very comfortable at address and the low penetrating ball flight is great off the tee. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
try the G2 14*

it sits like a traditional 3 wood and has a lovely persimmon like click to it,its also ridiculously easy to hit and flies for miles

Mar 28, 2005
I have a Dunlop Hot Metal 16*3 wood ($50). I had a TM 580 and I thought it was way to light. I also play a Cleveland launcher 16* 3 but it is an inch shorter so I play it as a kind of strong 5.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
:smilie_pi TisiTec.

A really schweet club. I hit my 17 degree 5 wood twice today. 220 & 235. I can't hit anything 235 yards, but I did today. I'm really lusting after a 14 degree 3 wood, they're sorta hard to find. There's only two on ebay with reg flex shafts now (several stiff & x-stiff for you flat-bellies). I intend to own one of those R shaft puppies.

Don't buy anything until you hit one.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
The master said:
Ok Neveada bob's never gave me my v-steel back and claim for it to still be at taylormade for 2 months so I am going to maybe buy a new 2nd hand one tommorow, I don't seem to liek the newer 3 woods as much the faces seem to be getting deeper and some of them go to high for me so I'm gonig to go buy a Ormilar 16* or a callaway old version hawk eye I prefer these woods I love the small shallow faces and I get a lower penertrating balll flight off them.

Anyone else liek the sightly older techonlongy in 3 woods, I feel a 3 wood is a 3 wood and they shouldn't make these new cobra titanium ones.

Go Sonartec. You think the MD is good? The SS-03 is working the mojo well. 14 degree, small shallow head, penetrating flight. Dave Ireland got the NP version. Looks sweet. Even has a disco like paint job. I had it out in the sun and you could dance to that thing. My toes were tappin' at address.

🔥 Latest posts