• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LOST!!! One 7-iron!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Son-in-law has a set of Ping BeCu ISI WRX irons, 1 thru LW... something like 13 clubs, all with matching serial numbers. They have sentimental value. He purchased that set of irons the same day he proposed to our daughter. Bought the irons. She was torqued, since she thought he should be spending the money on a ring. Once she was in "full tilt", chewing on him, he popped out the ring that he already had purchased. He's held on to the set the 15 years they've been married, even though he's played the last couple of years with a set of MP32 Mizzys. About 3 weeks ago, for kicks, he put the Pings back in his bag.
Saturday morning, it was raining. Once the rain moved to drizzle, a few of us "crazies" hit the course. We had to go off the back, since a shotgun would be starting on the back and they wanted us to turn onto the front. No problem. On #12, the SIL commented how slick the grips were on the old set of Pings. The rain made them difficult to hold on to. #14 is a Par 3 over water. Yep! SIL always takes one practice swing. Steps up to the ball, takes the one swing... Have you ever seen the splash of a 7-iron, 40 yards out into a lake, on a beautiful Spring morning????!!!??? He was sick... almost physically ill. There goes the matched set. There goes his prized set of irons.
Two holes later, I caught the head greenskeeper and visited w/him. He had no problem with us accessing the pond. I suggested to the SIL that he contact the SCUBA club at the University. He was going to do that today, Monday.
Our other daughter and SIL came in for Sunday... Mother's Day. About 5 p.m., both SIL's headed to the course to "go swimming". I felt there was less than a 20% chance even SCUBA divers could find the club, let alone a couple of 'loose cannon' rednecks.
About an hour and a half later, in walk the two boys... carrying the rescued 7-iron. One SIL had the experience caught on his i-phone video. The pond didn't turn out to be terribly deep. On about the 4th "dive", the iron was found. Sheesh!!! Pings will stand up to everything... even attempted drownings!!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Did the dunk fix the slick grip? ;)

R35
:)No idea! Don't know whether the SIL or the clubs smelled worse... and didn't want to get close to either one to find out.

SIL says he has dibs on my BeCu Eye 2+ irons... when I'm confined to the nursing home, playing nothing but shuffleboard and checkers. When he thought his set of BeCu ISI's might have been compromised, there were veiled threats that my wife might be made a cash offer to commit me... soon! At least I'm still safe from being relagated to fighting with 90 year old toothless grannies over whether we watch the Golf Channel or Lifetime for a little while longer!!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
How do I become a son-in-law? I'd like some BeCu irons :)
One daughter just celebrated her 16th wedding anniversary and the other makes 15 in August. Unbelievable to think we've got kids who have been married that long. Of course, we've been married almost 46. Sorry, no more daughters.....
Neither SIL met our "expectations"... whom we would have chosen for our daughters to marry. But, they've both "matured" and seem to have turned into pretty good husbands and fathers. One lives within a mile of our home. I'm on the road a lot and he has been called upon more than once to assist my wife with flat tire or garage door issue, etc. The other lives a couple of hours away. For Mother's Day, he spent most of Sunday cutting brush and cleaning up our back yard area for his Mother-in-Law.
Guess we're pretty luckey, but so are both of those boys!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts