• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lots of BALLS

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
Sorry if the title got your attention for the wrong reason :laugh:

So on christmas, I see a coupon in the Dicks ad for Maxfli Tour Fires, Buy one get one free.

I venture onto Dicks, and Im getting my 4 dozen balls checked out, and the cashier rings me up for $32.50, she used the coupon for the 50% on top of the BOGO, So I run back an grab the remaining stock of Tour Fires, and end up with 14 Dozen Tour Fires For $7.50 a dozen, totals about to $120ish. Ill write an extensive review after I get enough use out of them.

These balls look promising!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Holy Crap!! Now that's a steal.
icon10.gif
I've heard good things about them but couldn't dish out the $$ with so many others that are known quantities in the price range.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Wow, I hope you like them! That is a killer deal for a quality ball.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
The Tour Fire is my new favorite ball! It won't spin as much as a Pro V1 or the other few high end spinners, but I make a Tour Fire suck back to the pin regularly.... it spins plenty enough for 95% of us.

And they are CRAZY long. Tour Fires for $7.50 a dozen is better than Pro V1 for $30 a dozen if you ask me.

Feel free to send me a dozen for about $10 or so...... :laugh:

OP
JamesR

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
It Spins like a Pro-V1x on chip shots, but has a lower compression. At least thats what I found by chipping balls on my living room carpet :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I didn't like them either.

But if you do, then congrats on a smokin' (pun intended) deal!!

🔥 Latest posts