• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Love this part of the game.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Played 18 yesterday as a single & I was playing through quite a few 3 & 4somes. My 2nd time through the course I came upon a younger 4some waiting on the par 5 7th hole. They were all probably in their mid 20's & told me to play through & "show us how it's done". Now usually I have issues with the tee shot on this hole which is a dogleg left with a big sandtrap off to the right side near the bend & really no place to put the ball on the right. Almost everytime I put the ball damn close to the sandtrap & don't usually hit the fairway.

Anyways I tee off & everything clicked, drive was beautiful & landed smack dab in the middle of the fairway about 240 yds out. Take out my 5 iron because I know there is no way I will ever reach the green in 2 & hit another sweet shot that lands about 100 yds from the green. The entire time these guys are watching me too. I break out the PW & almost like I know what the heck I am doing the ball plops right down in the middle of the green for a real sweet G.I.R.. Would have been nice to 1 putt for a birdie but I was still tickled pink to walk away with a super easy par on the hole the entire time being watched by the young guys. I watched their progress from my next hole & I don't think any of them even managed to bogey the hole:)

Thank God they didn't see me post up an ugly double on the easy par 4 9th hole.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So you'll be coming back for another round, eh?
icon12.gif

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Happened to me this summer. sssmokin and I were on this group of four (3 guys and 1 women) and on the tenth tee she had to go wee wee so they let us play through. They're all watching and I was determined to make a good drive. I kept my head down and just crushed one 290 straight down the middle. Yes, it was slightly downhill but so what? They all clapped! Damn, it felt good. :)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Happened to me this summer. sssmokin and I were on this group of four (3 guys and 1 women) and on the tenth tee she had to go wee wee so they let us play through. They're all watching and I was determined to make a good drive. I kept my head down and just crushed one 290 straight down the middle. Yes, it was slightly downhill but so what? They all clapped! Damn, it felt good. :)

Those are the best type of shots!
I use to fear hitting in front of others but now I am starting to relish it, maybe it's a bit of the competitive spirit or maybe it's just not wanting to look like an ass....don't really care just hope I keep it up.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I never get away with that. I usually pop up the drive 100/100 (100 yds up and 100 yds out), then I say something stupid like "got the wedge out of the way early" and just skulk away.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I never get away with that. I usually pop up the drive 100/100 (100 yds up and 100 yds out), then I say something stupid like "got the wedge out of the way early" and just skulk away.

Hell my 1st drive at our Shottalk event a couple weeks ago was horrible, hooked the crap outta it & went maybe 60 yds. Good thing is I wasn't the only one that happened to.

Had a young couple in front of me yesterday on a 125 yd par 3. They asked if I wanted to play through but to be honest she had a fine ass & I didn't mind sitting there & watching her wiggle it on the tee box so I stayed behind obviously. Anyhoo, she tee's off with a 3w & ends up right of the green. Next up is her companion & he breaks out what looked like a 3 or 4 iron...on a 125 yd hole??? Well he totally blew the shot & it went about 20 yds, he was going to walk up & hit it again when i told him to just tee another up & hit again since he was obviously nervous watching me. Didn't help since he stunk another one up although he managed to get about 60 yds outta that one.

Did I mention the chicks fine ass?:laugh:

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I love hitting under pressure or when people are watching me. I do it all the time for my school golf matches with coaches and parents watching. I find it easier to hit that way. I dont think you mentioned her ass Wi, describe it for us just to be sure. :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go. I had a decent shot yesterday on the little par 3 I played. There was a bunch of kids over on the putting green from the 1st tee, only about 30ft. from the teebox. I hit a SW that was all over the stick with a pitchmark inside 6inches. That ball broke right upon landing for about an 18inch putt, had it broke left it would have had a chance. It felt pretty good to do that and they were all looking at me as I walked down to the green. I ended up joining with 2 kids about 12-13 later and it was fun. I gave them a few chipping tips. It really made me think about inquiring about volunteering down there. I'd probably limit it to showing them about pitching and chipping as well as helping them select clubs from the donated supply. A few weeks ago I helped 2 kids choose putters from the putter bag. Ultimtely the decision came down to looks but at least they had something remotely close to the correct length for them. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
They asked if I wanted to play through but to be honest she had a fine ass & I didn't mind sitting there & watching her wiggle it on the tee box so I stayed behind obviously.

Wi-Golfer: "No, you go ahead. I'm in no-o-o-o hurry..."
The boyfriend: "That son of a bitch."

Well he totally blew the shot & it went about 20 yds, he was going to walk up & hit it again when i told him to just tee another up & hit again since he was obviously nervous watching me.

The boyfriend: "That sonofabitch!"

Did I mention the chicks fine ass?:laugh:

:needpics:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It really made me think about inquiring about volunteering down there.

Ez

You could run modular education programmes:

• Equipment fundamentals 101 - changing shafts using a stove
  • Club Ho'ing for 11 year olds - don't let money be an issue
  • Change your driver routinely - it's always the club's fault!
  • Scoring deals on eBay - the real truth about PayPal
  • How to spot forged drivers - don't let the bastards drag you down

Just kidding dude! Help out, it's fun.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The best drives are when you're the first off the tee, and the last to hit you're 2nd shot.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Wi-Golfer: "No, you go ahead. I'm in no-o-o-o hurry..."
The boyfriend: "That son of a bitch."

The boyfriend: "That sonofabitch!"

:needpics:

LOL!
Sorry no pics, I mean it "I AM REALLY SORRY". Would have made a great poster for my garage. Only thing she was missing was the tramp stamp.

🔥 Latest posts