• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Low Price Golf ball review

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Tried a few balls today on 18 holes. My findings with my swing.

Best balls:
Ultra (reg and distance), Callaway Hot and Noodle were all about equal. Long and straight and all seemed to hold the green good. (Made a 100 yard wedge for birdie with the Callaway Hot).

Worst:
Nike power distance soft. This ball was like hitting a donut and went about as far. Really not for me. All the Nike balls I have tried that sell for $15-25 a dozen are not for me.

Was playing so well I didn't want to try any others. I gave the Nike's a fair chance and they failed them all.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Now you tell me. I finally got off my dead a$$ and went and bought a dozen today. Oh well at the rate I lose them they will be gone in no time.:)

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
You definitely haven't been paying attention

NOTHING WORKS FOR ME, if it did I would have lowered to under 100 strokes per round by now.:D

PeterMan

Jun 21, 2006
I have been buying sleeves of the Callaway balls lately and every one has ended up in the woods... :mad:

But, I picked up a 15 pack of Maxfli Max Distance HL ($19.99) So I will try them out this weekend... I usually prefer Maxfli balls, to be honest, but I have not tried these ones yet... I am hoping for great success :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
My golf ball progression in the last year:
1- new TopFlites for $8/dozen. Lost them.
2- new oldstock Maxflis for $10/dozen. Lost them.
3- new Dunlops for $20/dozen. Lost them.
4- new Callaways for $40/dozen. Lost them.
5- new Hogan Hawks for $25/dozen. Lost them.
6- used Callaways for $10-20/dozen. Lost them.
7- used Titleist DT SoLo for $40/100. Am in the process of losing them, but at this price, I don't cry.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006

1- new TopFlite Infinity for $8/dozen. Can't lose them and like hitting rocks. Sitting in the top of my closet.
2- new Precept Laddies for $10/dozen (tent sale). Good ball, but lost them.
3- new Pinnacle Exceptions. 2 free 2/ball sleeves. Great ball. Lost them. Seem to be magnetically attracted to large palmetto bushes.
4 - new Titleist NXTs. 1 free 2/ball sleeve. FANTASTIC ball! Long and straight. Haven't lost them yet. So good I put them back in the box for the next round. Want more! $26/dozen. :mad:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
warbirdlover said:
Worst:
Nike power distance soft. This ball was like hitting a donut and went about as far. Really not for me. All the Nike balls I have tried that sell for $15-25 a dozen are not for me.

LOL - I am playing this ball now, since I lose 1-2 a round with balls plugging due to the continuous rain we've had in the Northeast. I like it a lot, plays somewhat similar to the pro v1 that I typically play

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
SiberianDVM said:
1- new TopFlites for $8/dozen. Lost them.
2- new oldstock Maxflis for $10/dozen. Lost them.
3- new Dunlops for $20/dozen. Lost them.
4- new Callaways for $40/dozen. Lost them.
5- new Hogan Hawks for $25/dozen. Lost them.
6- used Callaways for $10-20/dozen. Lost them.
7- used Titleist DT SoLo for $40/100. Am in the process of losing them, but at this price, I don't cry.

You better try something else, it HAS to be that your problem is the golf ball. :D

R35

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
Huh actually I prefer to play with nike super soft as I can't hit most other balls in that price range. I guess it just depends on the golfer who is taking control of the ball, I seem to hit them fine.

SilkySm00thSwing

Jul 7, 2006
The NIKE MOJO is the best ball under 30. The HX HOT dont touch the feel, spin, and distance that i can get with a MOJO. and its stylish

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I rate my balls by the corporate logo, Rite now the best ball I have is a
Coke Cola pure distance. I have been using it for a week.:D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I tried a Noodle Al Dente on the last hole today after retiring a scuffed up HVC. I hit the longest drive I ever have on that hole. It's 374 uphill dogleg right and I put it just behind the 100yd. marker. All carry as it was a bit plugged. Anyone have any info on this ball around the greens? I didn't get much of a chance to test it out as I hit my 50* onto the back right edge and it bounced off. I have to go down to my dad's house and restock soon. I have close to 150 balls left in a milk crate there.

captglover

Jul 4, 2006
I'm recently back to the sport, and brought some old Titleist DTs from 25 years ago. they were fine, but I wasn't getting the advantages of the new ball technology. I've hit Maxfly A10 Blues - OK. And Maxfly A10 Black - better. Both were very good price (as they are discontinued). But I am anxious to try something that will give me more spin around the greens without getting too much spin off the tee. All for a good price. :)

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
PeterMan,

You're supposed to hit the balls individually and not the whole sleeve!!!

🔥 Latest posts