• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

LPGA Coming Back To Town

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
After a 3-year absence the LPGA is coming back to my area next June. Funny coincidence that they are returning the instant Bivens is out. Definately looking forward to the event and hoping to play in the pro-am.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Have you checked the price of the pro-am?

Last time I looked, one round was like $1500 and there was no choosing who you got to be your pro (at least for a peon like me). I might pay that to play a round with Arnnold Palmer, Natalie Gulbis, or Paula Creamer, but for few others.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Last time I looked, one round was like $1500 and there was no choosing who you got to be your pro (at least for a peon like me). I might pay that to play a round with Arnnold Palmer, Natalie Gulbis, or Paula Creamer, but for few others.

That might be what you're willing to pay to play with that list. Unfortunately for people like you and I that is NOT what they would accept to play with them. Although I would be willing to bet if you saw Palmer at a course he was playing and asked to walk along with him he would be more than happy to.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
That might be what you're willing to pay to play with that list. Unfortunately for people like you and I that is NOT what they would accept to play with them. Although I would be willing to bet if you saw Palmer at a course he was playing and asked to walk along with him he would be more than happy to.

The point I was trying to make was that the last time I check on the LPGA pro-ams, I didn't get to chose which pro player. I'm sure there is some behind the scenes manipulation, for the big spenders and celebrities, but this was addresed on the LPGA website. Big surprise there.

Arnold does play in my hometown, but amazingly, the last time I showed up at the front gate with my sticks, they wouldn't let me in. The nerve!

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Carol's chair wasn't cold before sponsors started returning.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Bivens set back the fems and equal rights movement a good 10-15 years.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008

My company has sponsored the event in the past and will likely be in the future. We work it into the package along with passes to the event that we give to clients.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i just read there's only 23 events next year, with only 6 played before June.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
According to the LPGA site there will be 24, down from 27 last year. Those tournaments will be played in 10 countries. As it stands right now
only 14 tournaments in the US. I don't think the schedule has been released.

Unless Whan can come up with additional US sponsors and tournaments support for the LPGA will continue to diminish. This year will probably be the first time in over 20 years that we won't go to at least one LPGA event.

🔥 Latest posts