• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lucky or Consistent?

Lucky or Consistent?

• Rather be lucky and go low (but maybe really high)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Rather be consistent under all situations

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Would you rather be lucky on the golf course where you could maybe on a good day shoot far below your norm but normally jump all over the place on score

OR

Be very consistent from round to round, knowing pretty much what you'll be able to shoot

I'll take lucky... :D

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
I will take consistent, it is what I am constantly working for, but why not take consistently low!;)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
No. You only get to go low if you're lucky in this poll... :D

I voted for consistancy. I think if I shot a really low score one day and a high one the next it would drive me insane.

oh wait, that's what I do now, well, minus the really low score, :dead:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I would take lucky as those days where i shoot really low is what is going to keep me coming back, because i knowi can do it, its just a matter of time.

Consistantly shooting the same scores round after round...well...that would probably bore me after a while and i would just move on to something else.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Consistantly shooting the same scores round after round...well...that would probably bore me after a while and i would just move on to something else.

It happened to me. For several years I pretty much shot 79 to 81. 80 on the head many times. My putting was below average. I rarely made birdies or double bogies. Two years ago I said enough. Fished muskies for the last two years and played only in two outings.

This year I have played 10 rounds mostly with my wife and 11 year old daughter. I am consistent again. Now at 84. LOL.

I'm hoping to get lucky in about two hours.

Kevin

Morningstar here I come.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I always say I'd rather have luck than skill... but that's just bullshit for when I hit a lucky shot :prop:

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I am pretty consistent in my scoring and my scores do not vary much. Some days, I drive it well and putt poorly. Some days my iron play is good, sometimes it is not. However, I pretty consistently shoot the same scores.

Without checking, I believe that my last 16 or 17 rounds are between 77 and 82. When I shoot under that, it is usually because of luck. I will chip-in, or hole a few long putts, jug one from the fairway, etc.... If I shoot higher it is because I play poorly.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Tough one. I play consistantly when I play conservative. I get lucky or not when I play agressive. Last round I had a ball bounce hard in the fairway and kick OB that would have left me a PW into a par 5. Then I drove a downhill par 4 over water with a 3W to 10ft. Luck either runs out or is built up in a "bank" for me it seems.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'll take consistently lucky! :beach3:

All kidding aside, I'll take consistency. Like dubya, low lows and high highs drives me insane and is how I played golf every year before the past year. I no longer have such wild variances in my scores. At the same time, I've put a lot of work into my game and my consistent score is now lower than it has ever been.

I don't mind some luck from time to time but I also feel that we make our own luck to a degree. The more I work on my short game and am more consistent with getting the ball closer to the hole the more opportunity I have to get "lucky" and have one drop.

🔥 Latest posts