• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Luke Donald Has a New Swing Coach

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Luke Donald (Allison)​
AS PGATOUR.COM'S HELEN ROSS REPORTED from the BMW Championship, Luke Donald has made tough moves before. He let go of a faithful caddie, who also happened to be his brother, Christian.
This season Donald has made a coaching switch, relieving instructor Pat Goss of his long-game duties. Goss has coached Donald since the late 1990s when the Englishman came to the United States to play at Northwestern University.​

While Goss will still have Donald's ear on the short game, Chuck Cook has become Donald's new swing guru. Donald commented about the coaching change in today's media conference.

"I've had a lot of success with Pat, and I got to No. 1 and certainly would never take anything away from what we did together," Donald said. "But ... as a player you always know what you feel inside, and I want to just feel a little bit more in control of my ball when I'm over it. Hopefully the switch to Chuck [Cook], that will come about.

" ... It was a tough decision. He understood it perfectly. He's always wanted me to be as good as I can be and make those decisions that I think will make that difference in my career. It's just one of those things that was very tough but I felt like I had to do. I felt like if I didn't at least try something different, I would have regrets."

Donald is still searching for that first major win. He said a "light went off" as he watched Justin Rose stripe the golf ball in the final round of the U.S. Open at Merion and go on to become the first Englishman to win America's national championship since Tony Jacklin in 1969.

Donald began working with Cook at the PGA Championship and is happy with the results so far.

"I think it will take some time, but I feel like I'm taking it on board pretty quickly."

Source: Luke Donald Has a New Swing Coach

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.