• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Macgregor is really trying hard.

Jun 24, 2006
I think this is a very nice looking forged iron, myself.

If they get a good response, they are going to make LH sets.

You RH'rs better pre order so us lefties can have a shot at them!

amount of Bones- 799.
alksdfj.jpg
pppp.jpg
dfgy.jpg

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I think this is a very nice looking forged iron, myself.

If they get a good response, they are going to make LH sets.

You RH'rs better pre order so us lefties can have a shot at them!

amount of Bones- 799.

like you would have a hope in hell of hitting these worth a damn LMAO.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
like you would have a hope in hell of hitting these worth a damn LMAO.

Lets face it, I can't hit anything worth a damn.

But I like being a poser with nice golf sticks.:D

These will be available LH for sure in mid March.

NoGimmickGolf

Nov 9, 2007
I have talked to my sales rep. They are going to have a whole new linup for 2008. Irons, woods, wedges, putters, everything! The old MacTec line is totally gone. I really liked the NVG2 Driver and NVG2 Mid irons. Not the prettiest, but they were long!

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
ok its settled my first set of irons for the new year will be these... gosh those are pretty... i love the look of a forged blade iron. i know i can hit forged blade irons because thats how i learned to swing a club... it was brutal lol. but i can now do it in my sleep with the occasional thinned shot. whatever. those clubs are going to be in my bag next year unless the feel and distance sucks that bad.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I have talked to my sales rep. They are going to have a whole new linup for 2008. Irons, woods, wedges, putters, everything! The old MacTec line is totally gone. I really liked the NVG2 Driver and NVG2 Mid irons. Not the prettiest, but they were long!

All the new irons, or at least the blade and cavity player's irons, are over on golfwrx. The entire new line looks and sounds great! I think the biggest problem MacGregor faces is brands recognition. I'll be honest prior to learning more about the history of golf, I always thought KMart clubs when I saw a set of MacGregors. :(

ok its settled my first set of irons for the new year will be these... gosh those are pretty... i love the look of a forged blade iron. i know i can hit forged blade irons because thats how i learned to swing a club... it was brutal lol. but i can now do it in my sleep with the occasional thinned shot. whatever. those clubs are going to be in my bag next year unless the feel and distance sucks that bad.

I too can hit blades in my sleep, the problem is that I'm awake when I'm playing on the course... :laugh:

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
the new cbs are sweet too. they may somehow find their way into my bag within the next year.
anyone know what stock shaft offerings theyre going to have ?

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Back in the mid to late 80's, MacGregor made excellent clubs. I still have a MacGregor "Smoothie" putter that I'll never get rid of. It's been replaced in my bag, but not in my heart........LOL. :)

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
the new cbs are sweet too. they may somehow find their way into my bag within the next year.
anyone know what stock shaft offerings theyre going to have ?

"Stock shafts are either Nippon NS PRO 1150GH or Dynamic Gold S300...Stock grip is Golf Pride DD2 (MacGregor black/red)...Street Price = $799. Finish options are Satin Chrome (mid/late December) or Gunmetal (early February). This club is designed for lower handicap golfers. Men's only, available 3-W. Left Hand coming in mid-March"

Reid Gorman, Presidant of Macgregor Golf. Copied from WRX.
ggggg.jpg

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006

The only other clubs in the new line up that look half decent are the wedges.

The irons and wedges are also available with a gunmetal finish.

I will defiantly be demoing these in march. The price point for a set of forged irons that look as good as these..should sell quite a few sets.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
mmm.... satin chrome CBs with the nippons. ill be searching next year

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
mmm.... satin chrome CBs with the nippons. ill be searching next year

The CB's look a little strange to me..

The only thing I could gripe about so far is the look from above of the PW. It's very..round.

This is the CB but apparently the look exactly the same from above.
wer.jpg

🔥 Latest posts