• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MacGregor M455's

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Bought these off Rock a few months back & really don't need them since I have the Clevelands & the Callaways. Still brand new, never been on a course, I did swing a couple at the driving range.

M455's which are forged with Graphite Design YS Technology shafts, stiff flex. 4-GW for a total of 9 clubs.

See the old posting for pics because I am lazy right now.

I think I paid $125 with shipping, looking to get that back. You wont find a better set anywhere near this price.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I will be putting these up on ebay in the next day or so, will be priced higher than they are here also just to recoup the fee's involved as well as shipping, etc etc.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Alright I'll buy them. Wait until tomorrow I will have some Pay Pal money from Footballking, for a down payment and I will come up with the rest later.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I take blood, plasma, visa, cash & foodstamps:D
Let me know asap regarding the finances, thanks.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I'll get you the 50 as soon as it arrives and I will get the rest on friday. Thanks for the link.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
How much do you think I could sell the Graphite shafts for? My instructor says I should use steel because it is more consistent.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I think I would tell yuor instructor to shut the hell up. Who here actually has a consistent swing where they could tell a difference? I would leave them as is & just play them, save yourself some $$$ & time. Seriously these are brand new clubs & need absolutely nothing done to them except someone to love them & play them.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah its worth a shot my friend has some graphite shafts on his Taylor Made firesoles and he is pretty good.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
How much do you think I could sell the Graphite shafts for? My instructor says I should use steel because it is more consistent.

I think I would tell yuor instructor to shut the hell up. Who here actually has a consistent swing where they could tell a difference? I would leave them as is & just play them, save yourself some $$$ & time. Seriously these are brand new clubs & need absolutely nothing done to them except someone to love them & play them.

I agree, play the graphite shafts and don't listen to your instructor. Graphite iron shafts of old might have been shyte but those YS-6 shafts are good shafts. I played graphite shafted irons at the beginning of last season and I can tell you there was nothing wrong with the consistency or accuracy on them (only the idiot swinging them :laugh:).

If you decide after playing them a while the shafts don't suit you then change them. I think you'd be crazy not to try them first, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I've always liked the feel of graphite so I'll try them. Its worth a shot, they can't be worse for me than ram blades. :D
Do you guys think a 7i speed of 70 will be too little for the stiff flex though? I use a stiff flex in my driver so I'm not sure, but I guess the only way I can really tell is by trying them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.