• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Made a snowman today.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Played nine this morning. 12th hole, par 5, 500 and some change, dogleg left with bunkers guarding left and right of the green. Okay drive; figured I could reach with a cut 3 wood. Caught it a little heavy and off the toe, bit of a push with a 5 yard cut. Hit a tree 10 yards to the right of the green and kicked further right. Skulled my 58 into the tree, it kicked back and to my right. Chunked that just short of the base of the tree. Chunked the chip, leaving myself with 4 feet of rough to the fringe, with the pin 15 feet onto the green. Chip to 4 feet, downhill left to right. Putt lips to the right. Second putt dropped for a snowman. One birdie, one bogey, the rest pars for 39. :)

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Man if I posted everytime I got an 8 I'd be competing with Rock. Nice round though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Christ....i shoot no higher than bogey on a course and shoot a 45(lol...they were ALL bogeys) and you still beat me after shooting a blowup snowman...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Way to keep from letting the snowman mess up your concentration.

And nice score too, :thumbs up:

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Was a good round other than the snowman, nearly had an ace on 17. I enjoyed putting with the SSB Yaupun for the last time today, had naught but one threejack in my 4 rounds with it. Sending it off to JArmour tomorrow.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
....I had a 9, on a par 5 last week.........Gotcha beat! :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I had a double on the 500 yarder yesterday. Man that makes you feel stupid, doesn't it? Today I hit a 5W that I blocked but short of any trouble. Hit a nice punch cut 4i on the 100 marker and a SW to 2 feet. That's the way I need to play that hole. Just no point in going for it since it's small, elevated and has 5 bunkers anyway. I suck at bunker shots.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Wednesday I played the 4 par fives at my course in 6 over, and the five par 3's at -1. 2 doubles, and none of the 5's are hard.

🔥 Latest posts