• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Made my best score today

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Its nothing spectacular to brag about compared to majority of y'all I'm sure. But I was averaging 105-110 for 18. I've been practicing my all of my irons a ton at home the last several weeks and it paid off big time. I shot a 93 today, I didn't believe it when the guy keeping the score card told me. I felt pretty fantastic, and wondered how I would have done if I did better on putting and with a few bad drives. I haven't been playing for a full year yet so I'm getting excited to see where I'll end up after a summer of playing alot

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Spend some intimate time at the range with those new sticks you have coming and get to know them well. Putt on your carpet or anywhere you can with your spare time and get a good routine and feel down with the putter. If you do not love your putter, get one that you do... putters can be had for cheap. You'll keep those scores there and lower in no time.

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Spend some intimate time at the range with those new sticks you have coming and get to know them well. Putt on your carpet or anywhere you can with your spare time and get a good routine and feel down with the putter. If you do not love your putter, get one that you do... putters can be had for cheap. You'll keep those scores there and lower in no time.

Yea I can't wait to start building some range time with them and dialing in the distances and how they respond. My putting today was my blatant weak link, I haven't gotten to practice it much because our local course has had their putting green under repair for a long time now. However I got some advice on my putt that made a world of difference. Kinda hard to explain I think

I normally stop way short of the hole when putting, a guy I never played with offered some advice with my consent. He noticed I stop my stroke once I make contact, there's no follow through. I never even considered it honestly. First one I tried with a follow through had so much more power and considerably smoother and more accurate to where I wanted it. Now I actually look forward to putting because its more enjoyable to putt that way

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If you shot 93... first, Congrats!!... but look at the number of those strokes which were on the green. I'd venture to say your number of putts was in the upper 30's... a third of your total shots. No other club in your bag is used more than a putter. No other club in your bag will take as many strokes off your game if you could become more proficient with it. Show off your driver and irons to those you meet... just as you would show off a long-legged blonde hanging on your arm. When it comes to falling in love, make that choice your putter. She will have the ablity to make each outing a rewarding experience... or an exercise in frustration. Find the right one, get to know her every curve and nuance, treat her well and she will return the favor many times over on the greens.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Its nothing spectacular to brag about compared to majority of y'all I'm sure. But I was averaging 105-110 for 18. I've been practicing my all of my irons a ton at home the last several weeks and it paid off big time. I shot a 93 today, I didn't believe it when the guy keeping the score card told me. I felt pretty fantastic, and wondered how I would have done if I did better on putting and with a few bad drives. I haven't been playing for a full year yet so I'm getting excited to see where I'll end up after a summer of playing alot
Welcome to the game of golf! No matter how well you play there will always be that little part of your head that allows the "what ifs" to creep in!

Good job!

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
If you shot 93... first, Congrats!!... but look at the number of those strokes which were on the green. I'd venture to say your number of putts was in the upper 30's... a third of your total shots. No other club in your bag is used more than a putter. No other club in your bag will take as many strokes off your game if you could become more proficient with it. Show off your driver and irons to those you meet... just as you would show off a long-legged blonde hanging on your arm. When it comes to falling in love, make that choice your putter. She will have the ablity to make each outing a rewarding experience... or an exercise in frustration. Find the right one, get to know her every curve and nuance, treat her well and she will return the favor many times over on the greens.

Yep, I was already looking online last night for an indoor putting mat so that I can start to better myself. I heard it said once that the driver and long irons will dictate how high your score will be, and the short and putting will say how low it will be. Never made any sense until recently that's why I've been busting hump on my irons and I'm glad!

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Welcome to the game of golf! No matter how well you play there will always be that little part of your head that allows the "what ifs" to creep in!

Good job!

Thank ya! I can't wait to see how my new irons are going to play, the irons I have now are terrible. Tracking shows they'll be here by Tue night!

🔥 Latest posts