• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Made some great shots

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I went out with 5 friends Sunday morning hoping it wouldn't rain. Got really lucky and it was a dead course.

Four of them ended up going together so i was with 1 other person in front of the 4some so we decided to play two balls each and use it more as a practice round...

First two holes went very normal made bogey on both.

Third hole...i duff the first left into the trees, it went maybe 100 yards...i sorta have a line towards the green so hit a 3w that takes out branches on two different trees...now i have about 220 left...but to get it to the green i need to make a wild shot. I took out my brandy new TEE 18º ironwood. I have to hit it around some tree's and almost hook it back up to the green. So i take a stance to move the ball right to left, put a fantastic swing on it and it bounces i watch it go perfectly and i can see that its turning but i am behind the tree's so i cant really tell but my playing partner goes "You ****er" so i knew it was on the green.

That is honestly the first time i have executed a shot type perfectly as i had envisioned it. What a great feeling. I also made this EXACT same shot on the 9th hole after i did the same thing off the tee. Again i put it on the green from 200+ yards out behind tree's. But this time i made the par putt after lagging the birdie putt really close.

With the second ball i hit off the tee on this hole i gave her a good ride with the wind and had a 7i into the green. Put it on but it was about a 50foot putt for eagle, left short, over shot the birdie putt, and left the par putt on the lip. lmao...

Overall, driving was good, not great but good. Irons i need to work on. I need to hit more GIR with my irons. Chipping was alright, not as good as last time though. Putting, i really need to work on lag putting and putting in general needs to get better. 4 jacking on an eagle attempt is just not acceptable.

After the round we went out to eat, just a great day with good friends. Nothing better than that on a Sunday afternoon.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Cool! It's so nice to hit a planned "different" shot, like a low hook out of the trees, or a high cut out of the trees ( I seem to be in the trees a lot) and have it go just like you planned.

I knew Saturday was going to be a bad day when I sliced my 1st drive about 100 yards downrange and 40 yards right................

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds like you had a pretty good round and a lot of fun.

And isn't that really what its all about?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, we had tons of fun out there.

One hole, dogleg right...sets up really nice for a high fade. So i setup for a nice fade and somehow i end up hitting a rocket draw....i watch this thing go and go and go...it ends up about 5' from the pin on the next hole...lol

Yelled fore even though i knew we were the only people on the course...just in case.

The hole i hit the ball onto from the doglegged hole is a short 150yd par 3 pond in front of the green...it a nice draw started it right over the bunker and drew it back right at the pin. It was bout 20' too far but it was nice watching it track right back at the pin

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.