• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Magregor 565's? (am i a golf ho)?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I always change clubs in my bag over the winter. This year though I thought that I was settled with my irons, I have a set of Mizuno mp30's. I love the feel and the fact you can shape the ball quite easily with these irons. One of my playing partners is looking to replace his Nike slingshot's he brought a demo 6 iron Macgregor M455 to the range with him today. I had a go with it and to my surprise I kinda like it, A LOT. I was hitting the six iron just shy of 200 yards, that's how far my Mizuno 4 iron goes. Also to my surprise they felt great, they are forged and feel as good as the mizunos and I could even shape the ball the same. It gets even better they come with rifle shafts as standard. Only down point is that I play off 9 and don't really fancy the big oversized looking shorte Irons. I've had a look on Macgregors website and they have a mid-sized set the M565 they have a thinner top line and look good they also come with rifle shafts.

The question is should I go for it and get them? I've already changed my Driver to a Cobra X-speed, my gap wedge to a Taylor made black TP, my lob wedge to a Vokey black Nikkel, my putter to a Cobra Inner mallet(that i'm thinking of changing) as well as getting a new Cobra stand bag. Oh my god I'm a club ho! LOL

Does anybody play the M565's? I've only read good reviews about them? I'm only 28 am I to young for MaGregors? LOL Oh I'm confused

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IG has a set of M675's. I don't know if he's swung them, but they're the bomb.

I've never hit the 565's myself, but i've never heard anyone say anything poor about them.

You don't like your 30's? You need medical attention. :D

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I love my MP30's but if the M565's are two clubs longer with as good feel and workability I've got to give it serious thought? Like I said I wasn't planning on changing my irons but this has got me thinking? Rifle shafts aswell!?!?!

P.S. HX red every day of the week the Blue cuts up to much. LOL

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just re-shafted my 30's with Rifle FCM's. I've yet to hit them tho. Through many months of research, I found Rifles to be the shaft of choice in Mizunos, with X100's bringing in a strong second.

I can't vouch without hitting them, but it's what i've done, so I gotta live with it. :D

*Red used to be my ball of choice, but I found I can drive the Blue just as far and with better spin around the greens.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I could probably sell my 30's on ebay and buy the M565's with the money(straight swap) means i may be without irons for a week or so, but manage to change to rifles for free?

I've found a shop that does a dozen re-finished, as new, Hx red for £6.99 they don't have the blues or I may have been tempted to give them a try.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online