• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maltby Tricept Wedges

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Jun 6, 2005
Well a month ago I had a bag of Vokey Wedges (52,56,60). I had used the Clevelands, Mizunos, and most recently the Titleists with each having their individual pros and cons. I liked the feel of the forged wedges but liked a little heavier head more so ended up bagging the vokey's for over a year.

Well the first of July, was playing a round and went into the clubhouse at the turn and came back out and found that someone needed my wedges more then I did. They left my Scotty, didn't touch the mp-60's but was out $300 bucks in wedges.

Now wasn't the best time to be forking out $375 to get a new set, since we have a kid due any day now. After looking at the different options I decide on the new Tricept wedges. Went with the FST 115 Pro shafts and so far they feel great and have the about the same SW as the Vokey's. They feel a lot like the MP-R wedges on contact in a heavier SW and spin about the same. You are not going to zip the ball back off the green like the Vokey's, but I guess most others I have tried haven't done so either.

Overall so far, for the $35 bucks I have invested in them I have been extremely happy. I like the finish and after a month of playing they have held up very well. Usually play 3 days week and the range a couple times I week.
:maltby:

ai95.photobucket.com_albums_l128_dseevers2000_100_1330.jpg

ai95.photobucket.com_albums_l128_dseevers2000_100_1350.jpg

ai95.photobucket.com_albums_l128_dseevers2000_100_1354.jpg

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Not bad... I've always been interested in the Maltby tricept line.. thanks for the review ;)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Damn, good price for each wedge...

Might check them out to get some wedges for my "other" bag.

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
My Maltby CER Oil Soaked wedges are really good as well. Maybe not as soft as some others, but they will spin the ball with the best of them. I'm constantly peeling ball shred from the grooves, even from half swings.

OP
PingZing2

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Jun 6, 2005
Yeah, love the feel of these wedges. I spin the ball A LOT and these will definitely back the ball up but I would say that you will sacrifice a little spin which I actually prefer a little less then the vokeys so they are working well for me. Shot my low round of the year in match play with them this last weekend at a 69.

ETA the spin could also be because I switch from the Pro V1 to the TP blacks about the same time. Really liking the blacks as well.

🔥 Latest posts