• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mama Bear is ACES!

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Last week early on Friday morning I started a thread saying the family was headed out to the course and we were all going low. Papa Bear and Baby Bear did well, but Mama Bear really struggled. Massive frustration, as poorly as I've seen her play in years.

Today Mama Bear flies out the gate hitting the ball well, then ACES the 3rd hole for her first ever HOLE IN ONE!!!!

93 yards from the red tees with a pitching wedge. My daughter, my buddy, my wife, and I all hit shots that we thought were on the green. My Wife's had landed just short on a small mound, and the pin was tucked behind the mound. When we got to the green there were only three balls visible. My buddy looks in the hole and nestled in the bottom is my Wife's Srixon. How cool is that?

She shot 46 on the front for her lowest nine hole score ever. She needed par on the 18th for a second 46 and a 92, but let the pressure get to her and made 10 for 51 and a cool 97. Even with the auspicious finish it was her best 18 ever. I was very proud of her. The bar was lightly populated when we finished, and it only cost me around $40 when I yelled, "Who's thirsty, my wife aced the 3rd hole."

My daughter played the front and had a nice little 50 with a snowman on the 9th after hitting one in the drink and finding a brutal bunker with her next shot. She took the back nine off as she was exhausted from a morning lesson.

I made fifteen pars and three bogeys for a grind it out 75.

My buddy had only time for nine and had a nice for him 41.

What a great day to be alive and on a Cheeseland golf course.

Kevin

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Even though I won the closest to the pin on the par 3 14th, which is how we typically decide who gets to pick dinner, I thought I should probably let her pick. I suggested steak or lobster, she decided on Stir Crazy, the goofy Chinese place. Might have had something to do with my daughter wanting to eat there.

Food was average at best, but the two of them enjoyed building there own stir fry. I took the opportunity to tell the hostess, the servers, and anybody else we stood by about the hole in one. It was fun.

I also got the paper early this morning before she got up so she could wake up and see her name in the paper. Pretty cool. They called it 87 yards with a pitching wedge.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts