• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Manning in SF?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I just read an article on MSN saying that Manning worked out for the 49ers at Duke with Harbaugh watching. Also, Alex Smith visited with the Dolphins.

I know not many people are sold on Smith, but I don't like the idea of possible missing out on both resigning Smith and losing the Manning sweepstakes. Everything I had heard up to this point was that the Niners were NOT in the Manning sweepstakes.

On a separate note, the Niners signed Mario Manningham. Guess they are sending a message, we need recievers!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
SF is going for that Superbowl like NOW. Right now Randy Moss has a mean hard on somewhere.

If this works and they get Manning, I might get a mean hard on also.

If this backfires and they end up with NO Manning and NO Smith....well whats the opposite of having a mean hard on?

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
If this works and they get Manning, I might get a mean hard on also.

If this backfires and they end up with NO Manning and NO Smith....well whats the opposite of having a mean hard on?

Better hope they can go back after Smith. Reported that Manning is headed to Denver. I'm sure Tebow will be available. Lol.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I knew this was going to happen. I always thought it was a longshot to get Manning. WOnder how Smith will feel now, if Miami offers him 5yrs why not take it?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
The problem is when your team is trying to get another player in your position it shows they don't particualrly believe in you. If I was Smith, I would run to Miami immediately. Beter play in a team who wants you rather than in one who is "settleing" for you.

I was expecting Manning to play for the Cardinals. Having a weapon like Fitzsgerard and a good team to base tyourself in was truly a dream place for Manning to enda up in...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The problem is when your team is trying to get another player in your position it shows they don't particualrly believe in you. If I was Smith, I would run to Miami immediately. Beter play in a team who wants you rather than in one who is "settleing" for you.

I was expecting Manning to play for the Cardinals. Having a weapon like Fitzsgerard and a good team to base tyourself in was truly a dream place for Manning to enda up in...

I honestly thought that SF was all in with Smith. Harbaugh had made some comments a few weeks back saying he was the guy. I guess when Manning turned down Miami then SF got back into the mix. Everyone had said that SF seemed like a great fit for Manning, it doesn't seem like it was a serious option for long though.

No need to worry though, Miami just reached a deal with David Garrard. That leaves Smith with only one option and frankly SF with only one option-resign Alex Smith.

I am honestly a bit surprised by him going to Denver, I guess I never thought it a serious option for him. I thought Arizona or Tennesee. Shows what I know.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
San Fran may have screwed themselves. They now may have to pay more for Smith now. They were talking on SC that the Seahawks signed Flynn to a 3-year $24 million contract, similar to the one Smith turned down. Granted Flynn is not worth that having only started 2 games in his career but that just drove the price up for Smith.

On another note, could you imagine what Manning and Fitzgerald could have done in Arizona?

Members online

No members online now.