• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

March Madness is upon us

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My favorite (basketball) time of the year. UW and Marquette hopefully both will make it to the big dance (Marquette will for sure). My pick for the winner will be either UConn, Pittsburgh or UNC. Those three teams seem to be far beyond all the rest. And since I used to live in NC and root for UNC while there I'm hoping they can match up against the likes of Pittsburgh and UConn. Boy do those guys have some muscle under the boards. Michigan State won't handle them and neither will Purdue. ACC teams (other then UNC) probably won't either. But I live for the upsets along the way. :D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Go UCONN!! Tabeet, "the beef". That's what you'd better be thinking when you drive the lane... "where's Tabeet?"
icon10.gif

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Kansas seems to be finishing the season peaking. Such a young team it is hard to say what they can do. Seems to be little rhyme or reason for when they play poorly. Also seem to usually start games strong then finish poorly many times, yet have also showed they can close a deficit. I think this is also a maturity issue as they seem capable of handling presses, once they break down it takes them longer to regroup and Collins tends to see a lot of minutes late in the game. This is the first KU team in a very long time where putting together 6 wins in a row in the tournament seems likely a really tall order, although the last time I think I felt that way about one of their teams was when they won it in '88.

Just a really young team, and while I think they have been very impressive in getting over having lost all 5 starters from last year, I think they still have a way to go in their maturity. Hard to read a team like this, as I really think they can beat any team in this tournament, with such a young team it will be hard for them to put 6 together in a row.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I will be pulling against UNC until they get into the championship game. At that point, it'll still depend on who they're playing! :D

My school (one of their rivals) won't be dancing this year unless they win the ACC by some miracle..and their coach ain't Moses!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah I have to pull against UNC the whole way. Pitt has showed twice that you can beat Tabeet by going straight at him. I don't see UConn Making it past the sweet 16. Could this be the year for Pitt to break through to the Final 4. Good things happen for the city of Pittsburgh when the championship is in Detroit. Go Pitt...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Seeing as how I was born and raised in Memphis, I guess you know who I'm pulling for? The should have won it last year, I think they will this time around.

Hopefully they are working on their free throw shooting right this moment, :laugh:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, I forgot Memphis. They are very good. And I agree with PA on kansas. You never know how they'll play. Wisconsin sucks this year. No "big time" player on them. And Marquette without James won't go far. They also don't have a big man and it really showed against UConn and Pittsburgh. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Losing to Baylor by 7 in the first round of the conference tournament isn't quite the way KU would wanna limp into the Tourney. Were down 17 early, came back to with 4 by half. Went up 6 with about 5 to go then gave up about 13 in a row it seemed to go down 7. Threw up an airball with about 30 on a shot that would have tied the game.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Gotta go with my Alma Mater UCONN. However, watching the last two games versus Pitt leaves doubts in my mind.

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
Gotta plug my Illini but I believe UNC looks pretty good right now.Keep an eye on USC.They seem to be getting hot!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm betting UConn, Louisville, or Pittsburgh takes it all. They are powerhouses.... :)

Michigan State? Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa. No big ten teams this year in final for for sure. Memphis might get in there. Maybe Kansas. But no big ten team has what it takes this year.... :(

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm sticking with the Memphonite Tigers winning it all this year. Is anybody going to set up a ShotTalk Bracket Tourny?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.